Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Very phlegmy, disrupting life...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Very phlegmy, disrupting life...

Every morning is a chore, I'm incredibly phlegmy every morning, I have to cough up as much as I can and I still feel like my throat is blocked and full of the nasty stuff. I'm constantly coughing to clear my throat but the phlegm is so sticky and stubborn I hardly get any up. but when I do it's usually a off white/milky yellow colour or clear. and VERY sticky.
And this isnt the only problem, my nasal sinus's are constantly blocked, it's hard to breathe properly with my mouth shut, it's not a nice feeling.

I visited a ear, nose, and throat specialist a couple of months back, they done allergy testing and I wasn't allergic to any of the basics they test you on. the only thing he said was that I have a deviated septum.. so I'm still in the dark as to why i'm so bunged up!

the research i've been doing online about this mostly points to Post-nasal drip, it would make sense seems as it's my throat and sinus's which are full of the stuff. but isnt this caused by Allergies?- I don't think I have any...
I've had this for 3 years now, it never use to get in the way like it is now though, this is why I'm looking for help on here!

Whats going on? Anyone else have this? How can I get rid of this, or make it more bearable atleast?

Thanks for taking the time to read, all feedback is appreciated.
I have excess phlegm than vitamin D deficiency.  I have this deficiency again and hello excessive throat clearing and excess morning phlegm. Ugh! Thankfully i know what is the problem is.  I am taking 2000IU of vitamin D daily now and slowly seeing an improvement.  I am trying to aim for optimal vitamin D of 200nmol/L or 80ng/mL.  My last lot of labs was 50nmol/L (20ng/mL) although i've been down to 30nmol/L (12ng/mL). Vitamin D deficiency is estimated to affect over 1 billion people worldwide with 50% of the planet at risk of deficiency! The odds are good your vitamin D levels aren't optimal.
My husband has that but not as extreme as yours. He takes Aleve D every 12 hours.It helps him but does not make it go away.