Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Very severe stomach pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Very severe stomach pain

I have had three different times where I had very, very severe stomach pain. The pain ranges from right below my bra line, and down through the rest of my stomach. It's not a sick feeling, like I'm just having a stomach ache. It hurts to move, talk, and even breathe any more than a shallow breath while it's happening. The first time it lasted for about an hour and a half, then second time it was only about 10 minutes, then again the other day for about an hour or so. It's unbearable, and I have no idea what it is. Can anyone help?
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi,

'Lower right abdominal pain shall be defined as abdominal pain occurring to the right of an imaginary line drawn below the belly button or umbilicus.'

http://www.abdopain.com/lower-right-abdominal-pain.html

You need to consult a doctor to rule out appendicitis, kidney stones, diverticulitis, crohn's disease, pelvic inflammatory disease etc.

The further plan of management would involve -

'-Blood tests including full blood count, electrolytes, urea, creatinine, liver function tests, pregnancy test and lipase.
-Urinalysis
-Imaging including erect chest X-ray and plain films of the abdomen
-An electrocardiograph to rule out a heart attack which can occasionally present as abdominal pain

If diagnosis remains unclear after history, examination and basic investigations as above then more advanced investigations may reveal a diagnosis. These as such would include

-Computed Tomography of the abdomen/pelvis
-Abdominal or pelvic ultrasound
-Endoscopy and colonoscopy'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdominal_pain

Let us know about what your doctor advises and if you need any further information.

Regards.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank