Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vision loss when standing up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Vision loss when standing up

I am a 20 year old female - 5 foot 7 and slim, and have very good diet (i eat like a horse) and have been having these symptoms since i was around 8 - i havent told anyone or been to the doctor.
When i stand up or walk around and then stop my vision blacks out or dims for a few minutes. This doesnt happen all the time maybe a few times a day or more in the summer. i also am like an old woman cuz i cant stand around or i'll feel really weak and dizzy - so i get really angry when shopping with poeple if they wanna stop and look at things.
I also get palpitations all the the time. have extremely cold hands and feet (have to wear gloves and socks in the summer), get out of breath easily, and constantly get cramps in my feet. Any ideas what this could be as it has been geting worse recently

Sounds like orthostatic hypotension.  Meaning your body takes a moment to readjust its pressure when you change from sitting to standing.  Probably even more so when going from lying flat to standing.  The hydraulics (your entire circulatory system) takes a little longer than the average to compensate.
While annoying, it most likely means you have low blood pressure.
Yup. Classical orthostatic hypotension sounds the likely problem. The thing is you need a good medical evaluation by a physician. The most common ans easily rectifiable cause is severe dehdydratation. Moving up the ladder we find calcium deficiency, magnesium defiency and a few worst cases such as Parklinson's I don't even want to go near. Don't let it go because you could black out wqhile driving or near a train plaform. It probably isn't serious, HOWVER YOU NEED AN M.D. EVALUATION AS OF YESTERDAY.
i have had a couple incidences now when i wake up in the middle of the night only. i wake up and only see black for about 30 seconds. last week when it happened my left eye focused first and it took my right eye about another 15 seconds to be able to see. any idea what that might be
Wow!! thanks you know for years ive been typing my symptoms on the ol' internet and nothing comes up and the symptoms to orthostatic hypotension is spot on. Thanks alot im relieved i now know what it is.
Now its just plucking up the coarage to go to the doctor .... nah cant do it hes rubbish and prob laugh at me ... ill go get vit tablets me thinks
Cheers
Tash