Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vomiting cause unknown
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vomiting cause unknown

I have been to a number of Dr's with no success.  I have occasional episodes of extreme nausea usually resulting in vomiting.  There is no pattern.  I have had gastro testing, spleen, liver, kidney, pancreas, and bloodwork.  I have had appendectomy, gall bladder removal, and hysterectomy.   My Dr.'s have no answers or suggestions. Is there anything the Dr.'s might have missed?
Tags: vomiting
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

As most of the gastrointestinal causes have been ruled out in your case,I will list a few possibilities which need evaluation by a physician.They are migraine headache,Central nervous system disorders,brain tumors,any malignancy in the body,food allergies and cyclic vomiting sundrome.

For CNS disorders and brain tumors,CT head may be useful in diagnosis.For malignancy in body,blood tests for tumor markers can be done. CVS is an uncommon, unexplained disorder of children and some adults characterized by recurrent, prolonged attacks of sever nausea, vomiting and prostration with no apparent cause. Vomiting occurs at frequent intervals (5-10 times an hour at the peak) for hours to 10 days (1-4 most commonly).

CVS has been difficult to diagnose. The diagnosis is made by careful review of the patient's history, physical examination and studies to rule out other diseases that may cause vomiting similar to that seen in patients with CVS.Food allergy is diagnosed by skin ***** tests or blood tests like RAST.

Pls discuss these possibilities with your doctor.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Thank you for your suggestions.  Actually, I had just thought of visual migraines (I have had a few) and will check with Dr.  I am seeing Neurologist next week re: spots on my brain MRI which had previously been thought to be MS (which is now doubtful since over 20+ years, MRI has remained the same until about a year ago when several small new spots have shown up).

Thanks again for suggestions upon which I will follow-up.
Blank
Hello, My name is Alishia Mason and I was sick with unknown and undiagnosed illnesses which I found to  be from Chemical Poisoning.. from being in Iraq.. check out toxic soupbowl or depleted uranium
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank