Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
WEIRD SYMPTOMS

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

WEIRD SYMPTOMS

Hello, my dr has put me on ibuprofen and omneprazole for suspected left shoulder muscle strain.

Upper back left side was painful and i had numbness and tingling in left arm.

Problem is now i am having severe pain all down my left ribs and extending a little around into my back. Feel very unwell when i get this pain which comes and goes and is like a gnawing pain. Eating does not affect when i get it, it comes on anytime.

No problem in the bathroom dept.

Have stopped taking the meds from the dr because of severe nausea after taking them.

Had ecg which came back perfect, blood pressure and lungs clear.

Is it normal to get severe pain down ribs with a muscle strain and why do i feel so ill when it comes on? Help relly worried.
Have you had any imaging done of your spine or shoulder?

Neurologist referral yet?  
No, i live in UK an dr`s here don`t really go in for doing that with patients. Was offered a steroid injection and physio if things did not get better within 2 weeks.
Did they check your collar bone?   I have torn rotator in shoulder and the pain does travel but not normally down from front & to back. Shoulder pain normally  goes up & back. (following nervous system path.)

That is why I ask about collar bone. should ask about it.  & some imaging to confirm.  
WOW, no imaging done.  Hmmm...without imaging how would you know exactly WHERE the problem is?  You are pretty much guessing without imaging in your case.  

Well, try the steroid injection and the physio and see what happens.

If the pain is strictly unilateral, I would think of Zoster sine herpete (Herpes zoster-Shingles without rash).