WHY DO I ITCH?
I itch as soon as I turn the shower off and get ready to towel off. My legs, butt, chest, back. I have a rash that almost looks like pimples on my waist line where the elastic band on my boxers rub against that itches all the time. When i play around with my girlfriend or just slightly rough house with somebody i start itching all over my upper body. Sometimes i just get these sensations (like while im typing this) a spot on my stomach will itch. My armpits have broken out really bad and will be more like a serious rash, up the front and rear of my pits. I have told people but they mostly just tell me to put lotion on it or something that doesnt work. I have went to a dermatologist and they have givin me steriod cream. It didnt work. I used, I dont know, 3-5 things of cream. My neck as well will itch, head, all over. Please just give me a qick diagnosis. Thank you so much.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It could be due to pressure urticaria. Any pressure (like water spray from shower, typing), scratch etc results in hives. Keep your skin well hydrated, drink plenty of fluids, eat citrus fruits, use a good moisturizer and avoid scratching. If you feel the need to scratch, then use your finger pads to rub the area instead of the normal scratch.
This also looks like urticaria or hives. The swellings or wheals produced after itching can be pale (of skin color) or red. Urticaria is usually triggered by allergens, such as drugs, foods, insect bites, inhaled substances, in response to sunlight, cold, heat, stress, exercise, or a viral infection. Other common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, or cosmetics. Since you experienced an itch, just go over these possibilities in your mind. Something may strike you.
This could also be widespread Tinea versicolor (fungal) infection.
Please consult an allergy specialist and take a second opinion from a dermatologist.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Now, If I went back to the doctors and told them that the cream that they had prescribed me before didnt work, what would they give me then? Would they prescribe me a pill? Is this a reaction in my blood as well as skin or........?