Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Waking and shaking

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Waking and shaking

For the last two years, every time I wake up, whether from a night of sleep or a nap, I feel myself shaking inside .  The places that I feel the shaking vary- sometimes in my neck and arms, sometimes my abdomen, sometimes my chest.  At first I thought that I had heart problems and immediately went to see a cardiologist.   I have seen two cardiologists and two neurologists in the past two years and no one has ever seen anything like what I am complaining about.

A gastro-enterologist recently suggested that I may have a disorder of the autonomic nervous system, which makes some sense because the main areas that I feel the shaking seem to be associated with the vagus nerve.

I would like to know how I can get my autonomic system back in balance.  This problem only bothers me as I awake each day, but the rest of the time I don't  think about it much.  But sometimes I worry that it is a sign of a disease that may worsen if I don't  pay some attention to it.

Any help will be appreciated.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability you have sleep paralysis, where you become aware of it on awakening. Please consult a sleep specialist. Take care!