Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Want to figure out the reason.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Want to figure out the reason.

My sister is facing severe pinning and pain in the iliac region after Appendectomy.
Stool/Urine/Blood tests are normal.
the pain is not a fair up.. its constant and cant rid of it. pain killers wont work either.
she is just 12.
i want guidance is somebody had this in family.
GOD BLESS

This discussion is related to Stomach pain, colon/intestinal spasms,dizziness, fatigue, salmonella.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I am sorry to hear about your little sister. Unexplained pain after appendectomy is usually due to appendectomy. Almost everyone who undergoes abdominal surgery develops adhesions, however, the risk is greater after operations on the lower abdomen and pelvis. The pain due to adhesions can be a dull ache, a shooting pain, a pain as though your intestines are being pulled out or a pain that appears to rip the abdomen apart. The type of pain that develops depends on the degree of adhesions and the internal organs that are feeling the pull of these adhesions. The adhesions cannot be diagnosed by any tests or imaging. Only diagnosis is by laproscopy and treatment is cutting the adhesions. Scar tissues can also result in adhesions. However absence of scar tissue does not mean that there are no adhesions. However these adhesions recur and cutting the adhesions can cause more adhesions to form. Hence a judicious decision is required regarding the approach to be taken. Certain herbs and mucolytic enzymes have been tried with variable success rates for this. The only other possibility is nerve injury and this can be permanent. Infection at the site of operation is another possibility, and can be caught by CT scan. Please consult her treating surgeon regarding this.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank