Warm / Burning Feeling in Both Legs
For approximately the 8 months, I have been experiencing a warm / hot / burning feeling in both legs.  It is equal in both legs and is at its worst when I am sitting down.  When I have been sitting for a long period of time and then stand up, I can place my hand on the back of either leg near the thigh and it is extremely warm.  I can also feel the surface of my chair and it is also very warm.  Upon standing, the feeling disappears almost entirely, and almost immediately.  It seems to be triggered by sitting.

I do not experience "pain" of any other type.  It is simply a burning feeling in the underside of my legs that extends from the buttocks down through the thigh approximately to the knee that is aggravated particularly when sitting.

I have been to two neurologists, two orthopaedic surgeons, two pain management doctors, a physical therapist, and a dermatologist.  No one can offer a explanation.  I have undergone numerous tests and exams.  The only exam that offered even a hint of the cause was an MRI that revealed a slight bulge in the disc at L5-S1.  Lumbar spinal injections were given but resulted in absolutely no improvement.  I have been prescribed numerous medications and nothing has worked.  The orthopaedic surgeons do not consider my disc issue to be the cause and have told me to start back at the beginning with a primary care doctor.

No one I have seen has even heard of this condition, so it is very distressing.  I cannot find anything online that points to my exact symptoms.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?
I would think of a "Bilateral Meralgia Paresthetica" with predominating symptom of burning, rather than pain (the usual). When you are sitting there is pressure on the lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh which gets released when you get up.
You must realize that Meralgia paraesthetica is generally unilateral. My own interpretation to is that you have a possible aberrent nerve division(anatomic) that supplies both the thighs rather than one, as it should be in most!
Best wishes.
What type of doctor would be able to test for and/or diagnose that condition?
Meralgia paresthetica is a mononeuropathy of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve that can lead to significant disability when the diagnosis and treatment is delayed or missed. This condition is relatively common but is frequently mistaken for other disorders.Ann Surg. 2000 August; 232(2): 281–286.  PMCID: PMC1421141

Copyright © 2000 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.
Meralgia Paresthetica, The Elusive Diagnosis
Clinical Experience With 14 Adult Patients.

A neurologist would be able to pin a diagnosis, but a physiotherapist would probably deliver the goods! Best wishes.