Warm feeling in right leg calf area
Hello!
I am a 41 year old woman, non smoker.. I am 5' 8 and I weigh 135lbs.
Lately, I have been experiencing a warm sensation in my lower right calf area. It only lasts a few minutes.. My skin feels cool to the touch, so I assume it is internal..
I work a job 5 nights a week where I am always standing or walking.. I have also been having cramping in both legs at night and in the morning ( Charlie horses)  Could this be a blood clot? What type of doctor should I see? Any info would be greatly appreciated  :)  Thanks!
Michelle
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The heat sensation or feeling of warmth in your legs can be a sign of blood clot or deep vein thrombosis. It can also be due to pinched nerve or due to diabetic neuropathy. If you are on birth control pills, then this could be due to the side effect of pills. Since you also have cramps, possibility of electrolyte imbalance needs to be investigated.
You need to get duplex ultrasound of the legs and consult a vascular specialist. Deep vein thrombosis is treatable, both medically and surgically. Stockings (tight compression) to press the lower extremity to aid circulation and medicines help many. If you take these medicines and wear the stockings, the pain will reduce considerably. Do not walk for prolonged time. Do not stand at one place for a long time. If you need to, then keep moving your legs. Upward massage of legs also helps in milking the deep veins. Along with this please get your thyroid status reassessed and also get kidney function tests, and blood pressure checked. Avoid weight gain and eat healthy.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.