Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Wasting away at 21 someone help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Wasting away at 21 someone help

Someone please help me!
I am a 21 year old female with a 10 month old son.
Two years ago my health started deteriorating..
The symptoms are now to an almost debilitating point and quite frankly I am in fear of losing my life alot sooner than I would like.
I am dizzy(only when turning around or moving in the same direction too much) almost like exaggerated regular vertigo.--very exaggerated.
Nausea--that is near CONSTANT
Excessive weight loss over a 5 month period of time.
Was 115 regularly--am now 90 lbs..(EVERYBODY THINKS I AM ANOREXIC) except for those who live with me...--I AM NOT ANOREXIC NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN.
I look absolutely terrible and feel the same..
I am hypothyroid, although have never had the typical symptoms; ie; overweight...
My doctors turn me away after routine tests come back normal.
I cannot explain the terrible way I feel, I can hardly take care of my baby boy...
I'm very weak lethargic and occasionally have a day or few hours where I feel "well"
But almost all of my days consist of feeling that horrible unwell feeling; as if u think you may vomit, faint, or collapse but dont know which.
I tire so easily and feel like I could literally drop dead!!
I'm to the end of my rope.
Two years of nobody believing that something is very wrong with me!!
Also I have bad "indigestion" type symptoms daily and heavy queasy stomach that never feels at ease. Bowel movements are normal, some constipation.
I have an undisgnosed bleeding disorder also...
I just have no leads... No where to go. And nobody can seem to help! ;( I am living a terrible quality of life have been for 2 years...
I look like I am wasting away and it's VERY scary!!!
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
Might I add, I am short of breath alot of the time, and have allergies for the very first time in my life.
Have had tests,
Celiac-neg
Chrons-neg
Allergies/food--neg
Bleeding time--abnormally long
Clotting factor--aggressive platelet aggregation(clotting) all over body
Head ct scan for headaches--neg
Thyroid--hypo, been treated for 14 years--diagnosed as a small child
----also I have random long heavy heavy periods, am bleeding more than half of every month...been hospitalized twice for it-had transfusion.
Tested for von willebrand --neg
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
Abdominal ultrasound for gallstones or HIDA scan for nonfunctioning gallbladder?  
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
Oh, and diabetes?  

And consider trying a different thyroid medication or a higher dose.  Docs are finding that you actually have to go by the symptoms, even when the numbers return to normal.  Maybe all you need is a higher dose.  If this doc won't try it, find a doc who will.  
Blank
1814148_tn?1332489398
You are very likely have a severe iron deficiency. Many of your symptoms point this way. Especially if you are cycles are long and unusually heavy. After the birth of my children, I was so anemic. I qualified for blood transfusions but I refused. I took iron supplements and iron shots. I ate iron-rich foods. I felt an improvement almost immediately. Each passing month was better and better.  

Have you had a blood transfusion since the birth of your son? If so, you could be experiencing a prolonged hemolytic reaction. When we recieve transfusions our body fights 100's of foreign antigens. This can put our body's in a state of inflammation for weeks and sometimes months. Hence the allergies. I don't mean to scare you but there is always the theoretical risk of contracting a communicable disease.

I hope this helps you to engage in a discussion with your doctor.

Well wishes and peace to you and your son :o)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank