Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Weak knees

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Weak knees

I just fell down n hit my knees on a concrete sidewalk not to mention i was sooo embarrased! i believe my knees gave way n buckled on me.I had no pain,no symptoms,n thats the scary part of it all.This happened last friday n i was trying to recall if i had any injury to it prior,well on wed 1 of my sisters have a goat n i tried tying him up which i did with no problem,HOWEVER i picked grass for him n he must've thought i was going to take it from him as i was trying to move it,he came charging at me n with his strong horns he got my right knee smack in the middle!OUCH! then my sister bought him a pail of water in which he thought she was goin to take his food im guessing,well he came charging again n my sister got out of the way n the goat hit my left knee as well! to say the least i wont go near a goat again!

Im wondering if my knees became so  weak inside that caused me to fall? Now i am so scared to walk because i had no idea like i said of any symptoms before i fell,i have alot of cherries on both of my knees n my left knee was pretty swollen as i must have fallen right on it,ive iced it n it seems to be going down now

Any ideas if it could be something else? Currently i have no medical insurance n cant go to the doc.

Thank you,
Yuki1227
dear yuki1227
dats pretty sure dat probably der seems to b no other reason for ur knee problem rather than the incident u faced.the only suggestion i wud give is dat u must hve a checkup.. if u feel uncmfrt with d problem of wlking n falling etc etc.cos its better to get d problem solved as earlier..
wish u gud luck.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
First of all get your swollen knees examined. There are many causes of unexplained fall. One is that the proprioceptive receptors of foot are at fault and they are not able to take in the variation in the floor. However, this seems unlikely in your case, unless you have high blood sugar or hypothyroidism affecting the nerve endings. The other possibility is an internal ear problem. It an also be due to pinched cervical spinal nerve. Brain injuries, tumors, transient ischemic attacks and bleed in the brain have to be ruled out in your case. It can also be a vasovagal attack. Hypoglycemia, severe anemia and vasovagal attacks are common causes of such falls. It can also be MS but other causes need to be ruled out. It can also be a sleep related disorder with extreme sleep deprivation.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
Thank you for your input.my swollen knee is getting better slowly as the days past,i have fallen before but found out the reason for it,i noticed that when i carry heavy items,days later i go down so i tried not to carry heavy at all n i have not fallen since,however after this incident trauma to both my knees probably caused my fall this time i believe,n hopefully not a underlying ailment.I PRAY

thank you for your response again

yuki1227