Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Weakness, Dizziness, Tired, Headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Weakness, Dizziness, Tired, Headache

My boyfriend is having weakness, dizziness, tiredness, and sometimes headaches. He's only 20, keep that in mind! He's searched everything and can't find the problem..He's already gone to the ER but not for these conditions, for rapid heart rate and the DR. gave him some beta-blocker metoprolol or something like that. This was all about 5 days ago, do you think that these symptoms were caused by the beta blocker or something else? The last time He went to the ER they did a check up on his thyroids, glucose, all blood cell counts. He's never had a CT or MRI, should he get one? We're not sure! Please help!
In my opinion he should have a mri and ct scan. My husband has been experiencing the same symptoms along with many others. A neurologist is a good ideal along with a otolaryngologists.  Does you b/f suffer from allergies or have sinus problems?
I, too, have been suffering for over a month with fatigue, fogginess, and general loss of energy and concentration.  It takes mental effort to perform simple tasks at times.  I am 36 years old and in decent health.  My symptoms did include paplitations, but those have subsided since taking Nexium for heartburn.  I've seen cardiologist and endocrinologist.  My heart is fine, and I have some tests coming back from endocrinologist this week.  I am scheduled to see neurologist in two weeks, but my doc wants me in sooner... at least to get a CT scan.  I think they want to "rule out" the major stuff.  That would be nice, because it is not only frustrating, but rather disturbing. Some days are better than others.  I have three kids and am finishing up my MBA... (I can't be sick!!!  Too much to do!!!)

Is a CT scan equivilent to an MRI?
Hold on a moment before we start talking Neurologists! - Its hard to tell, but are you saying that these symptoms have come on SINCE starting the metoprolol? If so, has he spoken to a doctor or pharmacist about the possible side effects? - I had a terrible time on metoprolol - felt like I just wanted to sleep my life away - if I stood up, I felt like I'd fall over - I had all the same symptoms as your boyfriend. He needs to go see a heart specialist and not rely on the ER. He needs to be followed up ideally by the same doc when given drugs like this. Motoprolol is apparently the first choice in beta blockers (I'm no Doc - just going on what I know from experience & research) but there are other options - I switched to a drug called Diltiazem which caused no side effects (for me - everyone is different) and did the job nicely.
Don't let the others send you into a spin - none of us are doctors and many jump to conclusions - please come back and clarify the situation for us.
Good luck.
I am now four a half years into the symptoms you have all described - it is unbearable trying to get through each day - I try and live as normally as possible but sometimes I just want to lay down and shut my eyes- I can only describe it as a weird feeling, sort of vacant, dizzy, so tired, sometimes numb -  the only things that help slightly at times, is exercise and having a drink?!  so lots of people are thinking its stress related but I just dont think it is.  I have had every test under the sun and all comes back negative which makes me think at least its not serious - I am 35 in good health etc etc , its getting me down and no one really understands unless they have suffered the same.  Its horrible.  Any advice?
did you guys also have a test about pfeifffer " kissing" disease??
I am a 16 year old male and experience headaches weakness tiredness,and dizziness. I was rushed to the ER and the doctors could not find out what was wrong with me my blood pressure was fine heart rate was normal and had no previous experiences of this before. When I went for my CT scan they said nothing was wrong I was later told to go for an MRI test. The neurologist said I had a TIA which is like a mini stroke. So i highly recommend that people who are having these symptoms go for an MRI test.
It could be a panic attack...
For the past couple of weeks I have been have the same symptoms. I get dizzy when am sitting and when I stand. I feel nauseous quickly after. Then comes a mild, slight headache that last quite long. I've been having nightmares as well. I am only 22 years old. No specific change in diet or exercise, see myself as normal. Also, I was thinking that a hit of the head could be the cause of any of this, if so, this injury occurred months ago. I also feel that tiredness, mental laziness, restricted breathing...
I too have been having these types of symptoms. They have been running all sorts of tests on me (including blood work and an a ct) so far everything has come back normal except the diagnosed me with anemia. I've been on the medicine for the anemia for 2 weeks now and still am constantly weak, have headaches, and am frequently dizzy. I like to work out and have continued to do so, but it increases these symptoms. I am due to go see a neurologist and my doctor on Thursday. Hopefully someone can tell me what is wrong with me. I want an answer. I need to be able to go back to work. I don't know what else I can do or what it could be that's causing these problems.
I am 15 and have the same symptoms. All my doctors say to wait and it will go away! but it never does.

Any other symptoms ? Unrefreshing sleep, muscle aches, fatigue ?
well I am really tired. Everyday when I come home from school I sleep which is very unusual because I'm active. I don't have muscle aches, and when I wake up I feel as if I only slept for an hour when really it's about 8 or 9.

For everyone here who has these symptoms, I would consider speaking to your physician about ruling out EBV and/or ordering tilt table testing.

I'm a 27 year old i have been experince red bloty rashes on my arm and they are hot i also been having dizzyness feeling tired my doc have been running blood test and can't find anything she told me was  that i tested postive for lime dis but it was negtive because it was only postive for 39 marker and the rest was neg but she is run it again won't know untile next week.
Im a 17 year old and ive been really for the past year ahah
I got blood results back that i had mono back last jan, so its been a year now since that,
I also have headaches all of the time, and i have fainted a couple of times.
Im just not my normal self anymore, and i miss the times when i didnt feel so tired.
Does anyone have any clue what this could be?
i meant really tired ahaha*
I have been hospitalized for about a week and was finally diagnosed with orthostatic hypotention!!  So anyone who has my similar symptoms which are.. Dizzy when standing up headache and black tunnel vision when you stand up, fatigue and most important.. When you stand up your blood pressure drops and your heart rate increases... If you have these symptoms you should get checked for this disorder.
I also have these syptoms (symptoms), after reading this I'm finding out it could be the metropolil that I'm taking.  I just called the Dr. to switch medication hopefully this works cause I can't take feeling like this anymore.  I'm sleeping my life away when I'm awake I'm dizzy and miserable.  Thank you zzzzzzzz for the post!
I think your boyfriend should have a CT scan and an MRI done.
I am 21, and have been experiencing unexplained weakness and dizziness and fatigue. These symptoms for me have lasted 2 months now and I am really despriate for help. I have always been in good health. The weakness is a pain, it gets so bad that I can't hold my head up. The fatigue never goes away, it is horrible. I am trying to go to college but these symptoms have me really confused. In december I was having confussion, it was so bad that I had no idea where I was or what I was doing. It seemed to get better after I ate but then I would notice the weakness. Now, the weakness is all the time. It doesn't matter what I do it continues. Well my doctor recommended that I should montior my blood sugar, he thinks that it might be low blood sugar. I have been montioring it since December and the lowest it got was 80, that is still normal. They have not determined if it is low blood sugar or not. When it gets to 80, I know I need to eat something to get it higher so it won't fall even more. Recently, another doctor has suggested that I monitor my blood sugar and my blood pressure. Well my blood pressure has be elevated but not a whole lot. My doc was thinking it was the high blood pressure but was stumped when she saw my blood pressure diary. She saw that it was 121 over 87 and I was still having these strange symptoms. I am not taking any meds. I have been on the depo shot for over a year now. These symptoms just all of a sudden came. My mom thinks it could be anemia since it runs in my family, well the blood test results came in and the doc said there is nothing to worry about. Any ideas what I should do?
I am 16 years old. I do regular excercise, I am a vegetarian and have been for almost three years now. In the past year I have been having dizzy spells. Sometimes maybe once a month, sometimes twice a week, sometimes 3 times a day. My mum always aysit is becuase I am not eating properly (she does not agree with me being vegi), also I feel so tired. I had a hpase a few months back where i felt tired all the time, mum took me to the doctors as she thought i may be anaemic but my blood test revealed i was fine, so she said i obviously wasnt getting enough sleep. Over the past month i have been getting terrible headaches usually at the back of my head. Then this morning, I woke up and tried to move one of my hands as you do, but when I turned at look at it it was just dangling downwards. I tried my hardest to straighten up my hand but as much as i was trying it just wouldn't move, so I got out of bed and was on my way down stairs n thn my hand went back to normal. I told my mum anyway nd she said I must have slept on it funny, but it wasn't normal numbness where you can feel a slightinglying in your fingers like pins and needles I could not physically move my hand! It was very scare and I can't explain it. I don't know what do as she thinks nothing of any of these, I understand that they could all be easily explained and I could just be being paranoid as these are coincidental but... I don't know.
i'm a 15 year old female, for a few months now i've noticed everytime i stand up i get really dizzy and i almost fall over and if i dont get really dizzy i get a bad headache that last a few mins to a few seconds.. my heart beats really fast and i'm scared that it's getting wrose, i might faint or something.. =/ i eat heatly i dont skip meals but i just not that hungery anymore.. i swim at the Y every wen. for 45 mins and i'm usaly very active person but i feel so tired and really confused lately idk anymore! i just want to be back to normal.. also i'm depressed sometimes idk if thats from the lack of sleep and confusion or just because of other issues.. =/ i'm not easly stressed out but i just got over finals and it's my first year of high school.. so IDK! i need somebody to help me!
I am 21 years old, and have had fatigue, dizziness and weakness feelings for bout a montho off and on. I fainted about a month ago and the doctors have no reason to why that happened. I hit my head off the cement floor, but did not have a huge headache, but it got worse into the week after. I was out for a liitle more than a minute, and I dont remember fainting or the seconds leading up to it. I went to see my family physician and he didnt say to much about it. I could sleep for hours and still be tired and wake up with stil a headache and the spins. I am very active and hate being tired. I dont know what to do, as my doctor seems to think it is nothing.
hi im 17 and i benn getting headaches funny fellings in my head  lack of enegy and little pains in my ear the headaches started 3 years ago and they come a go then the lightheaded feeling started and i went to the doctors and ste checked my heart and gave mesome tablets that did make me feel betta i stated getting the dizzyspells when i useo stay up til  7 8 even eairly in the morning and wake up abt 10 i used to only get 10 hours sleep so the docto said thats what was wrong with me now i dtoped doiing that they have  stoped abiy but know i will stay up all day and sleep all night i bascally turn day into nighjt and night into day my mum sas thats what wrong with me bu im scared what could it bee
im 17 and im been getting headaches funny feeling in my head and a pain in my ear when i bend down my head dosint hert it just put pressure on my ear befor that i sufferd realy bed with light headed felings i went to the doctors and she tested my heart and gave me tablets and they helped i got the light headed feelings and dizzyness because i will stay up to the next day and get up earily so i will only get 3 hrs sleep but now i am satying up all night and sleep all day im turning day in to night and night into day  and  my headaches are anoyying it feels liike ders pressure in my head and i wont sleep because i justdose eny one get the same xx
Hey i have been having the same symptoms I didnt know where it came from but we are both on the Depo shot for about over a year now for me to. Maybe that could have something to do with it.
my freind is 14 has had horrible headaches, dizziness, weakness, ans shaking hands for the last week and a half. She has gone to the doctor and he said it is a migraine and he precribed her heavy pain killers and nothing is working.  
thank u u have helped ma alot xxx
So, does anyone knows what is wrong with us?!
I have been going through most of the above symptoms for about  6 months now. I have gone through every test possible.  I have had a MRI, Cat scan, blood work almost daily, urine tests like I could pee any more, ultra sounds, cardio imaging just to name a few. I have had  rapid heart rates resting was 135 on Monday, high BP I mean 150/110, they put me on metoprolol, which has a whole set of side effects from taking that. I get headaches, I don't like driving at night any more, when the head lights from the cars driving towards me almost blinds me for just a second, I am dizzy, nausa like you would not beleive, tired all the time, light headed, I then started to gain weight, and my hands and feet started swelling, the doctor's automatically assumed that I was pregnant, and just did not want to face the facts. I tested positive on a urine pregnancy test, and have tested many times positive for protien and blood in my urine. After many consults and different medications they have now said that it is because of long term use of DEPO. I have been on it for 10 or so years, my body according to my doctors is going into pregancy mode. What I mean is that my body actually thinks it is pregnant because of the hormones that are in the DEPO shot. I would like all of you that are having these symtoms (symptoms) that are on DEPO to look at the info sheet that is produced by the company that makes it that comes in the original box, NOT the one the doctor or drug store gives you. If you read it FRONT TO BACK all of these mysterious symptoms are on the info sheet. As a result because of my long term use my only suitable option is to go and have a Hysterectamy done. Yes there are a couple of different options, but at 35 with two teens at home this is the most viable option for myself. I hope this info has been helpful and if anyone else has any questions to clarify anything please contact me.
Thanks,
I am a fifteen year old active female. I have a constant head ache but it is not a migrane (migraine), just like a head ache that will never go away. I also expierence dizziness and blurryness for a few seconds after i stand up sometimes. I recently was rushed to the hospital for extreme abdominal pains, constant throwing up, and passing out. I was rushed into surgery not knowing what was wrong with me. The doctors said I had a rare disease called Meckel's diverticulum which comes from when i was born and part of the abilical cord attached to my small intestine forming like its own organ inside of my stomach. After all of this was taken care of I thought maybe this was the cause of all my head aches and dizzness. But when I had to take my CT scan before my surgery they tested me for everything and they said I was perfectly normal ( besides my disease), ex no allergies or other unknown diseases. My dizzness has continued once i stand up ever since i was 10 years old and passed out for the first time when i got my ear peirced. Ever since then it seems like at least once a day I have to stop and hold on to the wall or I will fall or pass out. I had always told my mom about it but she assists on it is nothing. Ever since last week when I passed out cold when I was alone at Walgreens printing my pictures, I have become curious to get to the bottom of it. Because I had the same symptoms as before, I felt like i was going to throw up and then everything blurred out like normal, but instead of going back to normal I woke up on the floor with a bunch of people around me. The ambulance came and said everything seemed normal so I got to go home. Now I don know what to do. I am so sick of standing up and loosing my vision and head for a few seconds and having that constant little head ache in the back of my head. Waht should I do?
i hit my head 3 weeks ago and since then i have been feeling dizzy, tierd and weak and when i go to sleep at night i keep waking up feeling dizzy and like the room is spining and then after a bit i just drop back to sleep anyone any ideas
I'm about to turn 25 next week and in the last 6 weeks i have gained a considerable amount of weight, i go to the gym on a regular basis, my diet hasn't changed. I have been really tired, feeling nausea, getting aches and pains in my muscles, hot flushes, constant headaches, about a week ago i was at the gym and was doing a step class which i have done before, about 10 minutes in i started to get dizzy and was really light headed, i had to keep stopping to avoid passing out, when i went to the shower it took me ages because i was so weak, i could hardly move my arms and had no energy, the same thing happened to me again today. I have been to the doctors and i have had numerous tests and keep getting told that i'm fine nothing shows up, i am having trouble sleeping and concentrating and it's starting to effect me at work, i'm beginning to get really depressed with the weight gain and not being able to workout and not knowing. Any ideas?
hey everyone, i am also i 15 year old female who is active,
i find it rather stange that alot of the people who are experiencing these symptoms are at fairly young ages. I am always dizzy, and tired and my ears just randomly go blurry. I really don't know what it is that is wrong with me... anyone have any suggestions?
A related discussion, What Do You Think It Is? was started.
A related discussion, dizziness was started.
I'm 20 years old and about 4 months ii I took a trip to tennesse frm california I past throught a lot on dat trip I almost got robb and put into jail when I got back to cali from 2 weeks being in tn I started to feel nervous and my heart wouldn't stop pumping and I could sleep cuz I thought I waz gonna get a heart attack or something so I went to a dr and they told me that if I drink energy drinks like redbull or monster and I told yeah I do so they check my heart and they it waz just fine so they gave soloft ita a depresion pill and it does not work rthe side effects almost killed my self so I just stay like that didn't take. Soloft any more and just like 2 weeks ago my haert is back to normal cuz I'm not thinking about when I use to think that my heart waz pumping then my heart would start but now that I got a lil better now I'm alwayz tired and I'm getting this headached and the back of my head is alwayz warm and I'm kinda dizzy too !!!  
A related discussion, What could the doctor mean? was started.
A related discussion, Answer for the above symptoms was started.