Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Weight Loss and loose skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Weight Loss and loose skin

I just have a quick question. If you are overweight and you lose a dramatic amount of weight, will you consequently have loose skin? If you do, are there ways to reduce it?  Are there ways to prevent it? I'm planning to go on a diet, and was just curious.
  • losing weight (no reason) (6 replies):
    my mom recently lose weight without reason. She has depr...[more]
  • Weight Loss (7 replies):
    So for the past couple of months I have been loosing wei...[more]
  • Realistic (4 replies):
    If I weigh 330 is it realistic to say that I hope to be ...[more]
  • ummm (3 replies):
    will the micrette pill help me to lose weight ,?
  • Weight Loss (5 replies):
    How can I loose weight at a very fast rate? I have been ...[more]
Dramatic weight loss results in loose skin so frequently. It really depends too on how young you are, the elasticity or your skin, if you work out, etc. If you are going to lose a large amount of weight it is good to always consult with a specialist or even a nutritionist to make sure you are getting the vitamins you need. Also, things like cocoa butter, and other things can help stretch marks. Stay well hydrated, and do toning exercises, but if you have a lot of weight to lose...you will probably end up with lose skin and the only thing to do if you don't want to deal with that, again is to see a doctor who can help you with it. Good ol plastic surgery. There are many people who lose so much, they have to get a tummy tuck or similar surgery just because their skin is so loose and low it causes trouble. Good luck to you on your weight loss goal. Better to have extra skin that worse health because of extra weight. I have a lot to lose myself. Peace
A few years ago I lost about 80 lbs after 2 babies and also being overweight.  I went on weight watchers and lost it in about 1 year.  I had lots of loose skin in my lower belly.  I went ahead and had a tummy tuck and it really helped me look and feel better.  I figured I deserved it after all the work in losing the weight.

How do you plan on losing the weight?  Good luck and stick with it you will feel better, my health has improved and my knees are thanking me!