Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Weight gain and bloating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Weight gain and bloating

For several years I have had a weight gain of about 35 pounds. I also have major bloating.The bloating is mainly in my stomach but it can also go in my face, back arms etc... I also have dizziness.I have seen every doctor and so far they can't figure it out. I exercise regularily and have a great diet. The weird thing that most doctors saw but didn't go into detail was by looking at x-ray's and ultrasound they all said that I have alot of stool in my colon. What would be the reason for that and could that be part of my problem? If the stool has been there for a while wouldn't it be building up alot of toxins in my body????
I would appreciate any help on this matter?
Hey girl you may want to check in on scare tissue with you doctors------it will not show up on the x-rays and such.  Beleive me I have been through it and still be going through it.   I would bloat so bad my eyes looked as though they were going to close.My belly stuck out so far it looked like I put a watermelon in my belly.  My energy level went down hill.  Scare tissue began wrapping around my organs and slowly shutting them down.  My Doc had to go in and remove every organ attached he said it looked as though someone just poured a bag of concrete in my stomach..........just see your doctor, have your question
ready him,

Sincerely,.

Giddychic
Hi...I am interested in learning more about this scar tissue issue. I am also experiencing similar symptoms that you mentioned and my doc can't find anything wrong.
Teri
Hey giddychic - I am intersted to find out about that as well - My stomach looks like that too and I have gained about 20 lbs in the last year.  Post some more info if you don't mind.
And Hey KMAS, don't worry about asking so many questions - alot of people here are in the same spot you are - and are being helped with lots of info from others as well.  I hope that you find some peace soon.....I wish that for all of us who've been doing this for FAR too long....
Thanks for that info. Quite interesting! I did some research on the internet. How did you get your scar tissue? Did you have surgery? How long did it take for the doctors to figure this out and do you still have the symptoms? Sorry for all the questions I am just at the point now that it has been  a long time and it is consuming my life.....
yes---exploratory surgery----yes I had lots of bloating---looked like I swallowed a watermelon----or I was about 7-8 months pregnant------I honestly had people asking when my baby was-DUE--I was not pregnant------really bothered me----right now it is back---but it is centralized and not giving me much problem--just some-----If I am up a lot during the day---I will be pretty bloated at night time-----my husband can always tell if I have done to much in the day time because of my belly------it is kind of rare how bad mine is---I would not wish this situation on my worst enemy------
wow, sounds like you have been through something!!!!!  How did you find the scar tissure?  I mean, how did the doc find out?  Did you have an MRI or some kind of scan or something or was it just exploritory surgery to find the problem.  That is very interesting...I don't have pain though - its just like my stomach has all of the sudden gotten so big - looks like I am pregneat.  thanks for the info
Hey---its giddychic-----I have had many surgeries dealing with this-----we are not sure when it originalted but we kind-of this it was right after my daughter was born and she is 8 now----the specialist I see now has gone in laparostic style three times and found that the scare tissue had connected all the organs in the pelvic area----he said that it looked as though someone opened me up and poured white cement into my stomach----when I know I am getting down---I will begin to get really fatigued and start really bloating----stomach, belly, etc....things will start slowing down (organs) that tells me that it is attaching to the colon, bladder--etc......I have lots of pain---like when I bend over----laying on my stomach, wearing fitted clothes, appetite goes away and nausea sits in.....the last 2 surgeries he put in some sort of mesh material between all the organs hoping it would keep the tissue from connecting them-----the first time it did not work I had to have another surgery 6 months later-----that was July  of 05-----I have to travel 2 hours every month to see him and be checked out----we know that the tissue is back but it is centralized in one area right now----I can put a little pressure in the area that it is and there is lots of pain----also my lower back ususally hurts alot during this due to it being attached to the colon-----
I think your words hit home for alot of us here - just want to know what the heck is going on and and get on with our lives.  I, too just want to be healthy again so that I can be happy - or normal atleast!)(whatever that is!!)
they could not see mine-----I did all kinds of mess----the only way they found it was exploratory surgery-----laparoscopy style--(through the belly button) good luck with your test----The bloating thing really stinks because nothing at all fits, does it??
giddychick, Sounds as though you had a rough one! I am soooo bloated that I as well look about 7 months pregnant. In fact I had to take out my maternity clothes again. It is very frustrating.I am going for an ultrasound next week. Due you think they can see the scar tissue on the ultrasound? Whatever it is I hope they figure out what it is soon. I jsut want to be happy again......
Hi charley1986 , I was wandering what other symptoms you have. I find for some reason the weather effects my stomach. The hotter it is the bigger my stomach gets. What about your skin have you noticed a difference. My face gets really red and I get very Irritable and/or very depressed!! Same question to you giddychik..
well, I don't have any of those symptoms - although as far as my skin goes it is dry and itchy.  I guess my big belly could just be that I am getting fat! (lol) But it is tight as well so I don't know.  I am really frustrated today by this and everything else that is going on.  But thanks for the info! Hope things get better for you soon - take care!
it does not really come and go depending on the weather----it just slowly kindof progresses------I can push on certain parts of my belly and it just really hurts-----when it gets bad---It will pull when I turn to one side or the other-----
Hi everyone!  Wow, so glad to have found this site!  I have been experienceing the same problems.  I had a chill go through me when I read your responses.  I have had many abdominal surgeries due to kidney and bladder issues, I have also had an obstruction, so you can imagin what kind of scar tissue I could have.  i noticed my swelling and bloating after my past hospitalization for a kidney infx.  Ok, so I was normally around 130-135 lbs (at 5'4")When I was seen at my MD office as a follow up, I was at 157 lbs, and I wasn't able to eat nearl;y the entire time I was in the hospital due to nausea and vomitting.  Anyhoo, I also have been found to have a lot of stool in the colon as well.  My doctor didn't seem concerned (even though I was!) They just attributed it to water retention.  I still go through times where I am so bloated.  What do you do when/if your doctor doesn't listen??

Jenn
clean your colons naturally.
the last thing a doctor wants to tell you is you can do it yourself without him charging you.
you all seem to mention your colons so...common denominator.
do NOT do surgeries unless you are dying.
i'm a private guy.just like you.
i have had a huge sudden weight gain and i'm sure it is a 'congested' colon and intestines.
think of your stomachs etc...like plumbing.
we all get build up.and its gruesome.fortunately,we can clean them.
and,its exhausting when your intestines are clogged.
you'll sleep a lot and not know why.
not to be gross but,ever seen a dog after he goes?
the dog is just running everywhere and happy.
just look at the dog before.lol
i once one a horserace because i bet on a horse that disposed of its waste at the starting gate.
now that was funny cuz i didn't know anything about horses.except,well,we all gotta go.and we feel great after.
so,good luck and,it's not easy at all.or is it?