Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Weird Dull Ache Under Left Ribcage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Weird Dull Ache Under Left Ribcage

I have this weird feeling its kind of like this soft part of something that moves under the bottom of the left rib cage when I am sitting, or bending over to my left. I can take my hand and push it against the bottom part of the rib cage.. and it does this popping or rubbing feeling against that rib.

It doesn't hurt, but I can feel it when I sit or lay and it's only bothersome because I keep thinking about it.

It just started about a month or so ago. The past 3 months I have been working at losing weight and exercising so I don't know if my actions have triggered this "thing".

Anyone else have this issue or possibly might know what it is? Is it something to be worried about?
It sounds like it could be lypoma which is harmless unless it is in a spot that it harms other organs or is too bothersome.  I've had a lypoma for about 25 years.  When you are heavier, it is not as noticeable.  When you lose the weight, it is more noticable.  I would definately have an ultrasound done to see what it is for sure.  I can certainly be wrong. : ).
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have been lifting weight and doing exercises, then the possibility of a hernia should be investigated. It could be an epigastric hernia and since you are able to put back the ‘soft thing’, it is still reducible. The other possibility is a loose hanging skin fold. However please do not exercise or lift weight until you have this confirmed.
Hope this helps. Take care!
if this is just lipoma, you can cut it off yourself. Just heat a sharp blade and make an incision below the ribcage and when u can feel the lipoma , just cut it off.  Then just stick the incision with sterilized thread. take some medication like antibiotics available in the market or some pain killers would suffice. If everything is ok, you will live smoothly. Otherwise you can always have a choice.