Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Weird NEW Seizures(??) & Can't See Doc--PLS help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I'm gonna try to keep this short, but I feel its necessary to give details because I'm really scared and don't have health insurance to see a doctor. I'm a female and will be 20 in two weeks. In January (2011) I was sitting in my friend's car, it was late and we were talking about something & as we got out of the car I suddenly felt really weird. Its hard to describe but it was a weird dizziness, and my skin starts to get hot and I had to lean over onto the car. I bent down a little and rested one hand on my knee and the other on the trunk of the car. Then I felt these weird 'waves' and everything started to go black and white and was flashing sort of. Then I lost my vision totally and could only see black. My hearing was blocking out everything but my friends voice, and he kept asking me if I was okay. All I could say was 'sorry' and that it would pass soon because its happened before. But this time was the WORST. I remember speaking being weird, but I don't remember how. By this time my skin felt like it was on fire and I was roasting alive-- even though it was 20 or 30 degrees outside at most!! Then it was quiet... and I forgot what was going on all i could think was "what is going on, why is this happening to me, why again (its happened before as i'll explain later)" Then my friend said something like "are you okay..?" and I realized that my right arm was sort of shriveled up across my chest and I was rocking back and forth really fast sort of in quick motions. and I said something "i'm rocking aren't i...?" and he said yes. and i kept trying to say something to him and i stuttered some i noticed and repeated some words over. then for a moment all of my hearing completely went away and later came back then all of these symptoms started going away and I slowly returned to normal. I had to rest for a while on the car. And my skin, especially on my face, still felt on fire for maybe 10 min afterwards.  My heart/chest hurt noticeably for the next few days after and it felt like my heart would skip beats or something.

My friend's input on the scenerio:
My pupils were huge, some of the time my eyes were closed tight (which I thought was the whole time) but apparently I was totally 100% wide-eyed staring and looking frightened (this was while I couldn't see anything), and my hand curled up and i started rocking and i stuttered and other when I spoke.

ALSO::: Last summer in 2010 this sorta happened--- I lost my total hearing and vision in the middle of Walmart and was on fire randomly and had to sit down but no involuntary jerks or shaking and it didn't last near as long.

I remember it happening when I was like 16 or so, except it didn't last very long at all and it was just my vision going black and white but I never lost it before then but I felt on fire.

I remember having some big time deja vu episodes when I was a kid that stand strong in my memory today-- could that have been seizure "aura" activity then??

I don't know if this is signs of a seizure or tumor or stroke or what!! but i'm scared and don't know what to do because I'm waiting on my health ins to go see the DR but i dont know when it will come through and this is starting to happen more frequently and each one is getting more severe. I got off my birth control after that, but I still smoke cigarettes. by the way... i have a confession to make, I had been smoking weed prior to the last two incidences, but never when it happened when I was 16. but please don't lecture or judge me about it-- I'm here for medical help only! thanks!
1 Comment
I forgot to mention that since then the black-and-white vision has almost happened a few times again but didn't. I've been trying to lessen the stress in my life since the January episode. i still feel like i'm on the verge of having it again sometimes... :(
Whatever you experienced sounds very scary. Try to get evaluated by a neurologist as quickly as possible. You may have a seizure disorder, or maybe something else. But only a proper evaluation will get it sorted out. Unfortunately such evaluations tend to involve multiple visits to the doctor, along with tests such as EEGs, MRIs, as well as blood work. So be ready to spend some money on taking care of your health. I strongly suggest you start the process immediately, even though your health insurance hasn't come through yet.