Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Weird Sleeping Issues- Insomnia?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weird Sleeping Issues- Insomnia?

For at least the last three years I've had unexplained sleep issues. It started off as taking hours to fall asleep. I would have to be in bed at 10:00 pm in order to fall asleep by midnight earliest. I would sleep an average amount/quality after I eventually fell asleep. I just couldn't turn my brain off. In the last year or so I've learned to fall asleep quicker. Sometimes it can still take an hour or so but its gotten much better. However, now my quality of sleep is completely shot. I'll either wake up constantly, rolling around or getting up to pee. I have incredibly vivid dreams but don't always remember them as vividly when I wake up. I can be dreaming that I'm at work and wake up to roll over and continue my dream. I'll know that its a dream and its absurd that I could think I'm at work in the middle of the night. I'll even tell myself that but the dreams continue when I fall back asleep. Its gotten to the point that even though I'm getting up at 6:30 I'll wake up way ahead of my alarm.

I've tried everything! Acupuncture, Journalling, Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Melatonin, GABA, not using my computer before bed, not doing anything else but sleeping in my bed, dark colored sheets, no caffeine, sleep tea, eating things with tryptophan, sleep lights, other sleep supplements. I even cover my clock so I can't look at it and worry about what time it is. Literally nothing has worked.
Tags: sleeping issue, Insomnia, worry, Anxiety, vivid dreams, sleep, dreams'
3 Comments
Blank
535822_tn?1413656274
Are you taking any meds or supplements now ..as many do have side effects like insomnia and nightmares ?
Blank
go to the doctors i am taking a medication that helps me with the exact same problem just tell him/her your symptoms and they should prescribe you something.
Blank
just birth control. no other medications or supplements. sleep medications kind of scare me because i know they can become a cycle
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank