Weird Symptoms (Doctors do not want to know)
I have had abdominal pain on and off now for 2/3 years. The doctors have put it down to IBS, however, I do not see how it can be continually like that...

When lying down (And also sometimes when standing up) my abdomen is visibly pulsating (When palpated by myself I cannot feel any kind of palpable mass that pulsates), so I really do not know. I have had 2 doctors examine me who have simply palpated my abdomen and done nothing else (Not really putting my mind at rest now).

Sometimes I get feelings of lightheadedness when standing/sitting (Not too fast), and sometimes get VERY forceful pulsating feeling in my abdomen (Sitting, standing, lying down, etc).

I'm trying to push the thought of an abdominal aortic anureysm out of my mind considering I am just 19, but it keeps coming back (And a bit embarassed to admit to my doctor that i've been thinking about that)..

Any reassurance or should I really speak to my doctor about it?

Your symptoms are strongly suggestive of aortic artery aneurysm. . An aortic aneurysm is a weak spot in the wall of the aorta, the primary artery that carries blood from the heart to the head and extremities. Atherosclerosis(cholesterol deposits) is the main cause of AAA.

Diagnosed by physical examination and investigations like ultrasound or magnetic resonance angiography. The treatment for an aneurysm depends on many factors: where it is, how big it is, how quickly it is enlarging, and whether or not it has caused any symptoms. For small aneurysms medications to control blood pressure and blood thinner like coumadin are the only treatment that is required.For large aneurysms,surgery may be required.

The other possibility is of IBS as the doctors are describing it.
I feel that you should get yourself evaluated by a physician at the earliest so that diagnosis and mode of treatment can be decided.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing