Weird bump on my hands
On the back of each hand, I have a bump. This bump occurs right before you get to the wrist and between my middle and index fingers. These bumps have been there ever since I can remember. When I bump them on something, they are exceptionally tender, but I've gotten used to it. What I'm not used to, though, is the new bump on my left hand a little closer to my thumb than the other bump. I was pushing carts at Wal-Mart when this formed. It hurts very badly, but not all the time. I also do a little gymnastics, and when I do a hand-stand or cartwheele, it starts hurting. The pain came and went, more when I bent my hand back toward my forearm. Now, though, it seems to hurt more consistantly. I am also noticing my right hand forming one. I asked the nurse practitioner what she thought it was. She explained that cysts are normally soft, and my knot feels like bone, so she didn't think it was a cyst. It's a little taller than a pea, and I don't have insurance to see a real doctor or get x-rays done. Any ideas?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability you have a ganglion (cyst) or a neurofibroma. Both can cause pain in the wrist joint. A ganglion is a sac-like swelling or cyst formed from lining of a joint or from a tendon. A neurofibroma is a collection of nerve and fibrous tissue. If they are causing pain and pressure symptoms they need to be removed. Please consult your PCP to start with and get a referral for a surgeon when you have insurance. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!