Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What Else Could It Be If Thyroid And Anemia Test Came Back Normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am 34 years old and I have been having lots of symptoms over the past year or or so and have always blamed my symptoms on something.  Well, I decided to stop blaming my symptoms on everything else, and finally went to the Doctors about 2 weeks ago.  I will list my symtoms (symptoms) first so you can have a general idea.

1. I am always tired, no energy, never feel like doing anything.  Some days I get where my muscles in my arms and legs feel very tired.  I do not work anymore, I am a stay at home mom .... but what I always feel like is when I used to work ... and I worked in a factory lifting 50 pound boxes all night .... I now feel like I worked a double shift at the factory and I don't even work anymore .... but that is always how I feel.

2.  I have been getting light-headedness and getting dizzy spells and sometimes it gets bad where I have to sit or lay down really quick because I think I am going to pass out. Actually I had a bad scare with this last year and went to the doctors about it, but nothing ever came out of it.  I have been getting the light-headedness for about a year now.

3.  I have been losing weight.  I am 5'5" and for the past 7 years or so, my weight has always ranged from 145-150 pounds.  The past few months I just keep losing weight no matter what I eat.  I am down to 120 pounds and I have not changed anything in my diet.  I have been trying to gain weight for the past month.  I buy cupcakes, chips, ice cream and I have been eating that stuff before bed .... just to try to gain weight.  It is not helping, I just keep losing weight.

4.  My hair is getting thin.

5.  Lately (the past 4 months or so), I always seem to be cold.  The temp. in my house has been the same it's always been for as long as I can remember!  It is summertime here where I live ... I will wear shorts and a t-shirt ... but that usually doesn't last too long before I have to put my robe on.

6.  Besides the always being cold ... I will occasionally get hot.  I will be sitting .... doing nothing .... all the sudden I will get hot and have to take my robe off.  Occasionally, I will also get really hot when I am sleeping ... and it will wake me up.  If I had to choose which is worse ... the being cold or hot ... I am more cold than I get the hot flashes.

7.  Lately I have vaginal dryness and no sex drive at all.  Normally ... I have a very highs sex drive ....and have for as long as I can remember.  But not lately ... I have NO interest in sex what so ever.

8.  I find myself getting irriated very easily.

9.  I am getting brown patches on my face.  I have a big brown patch on my forehead, I have a brown patch on each of my cheek bones and always I have brown .... that outlines my lips.  My husband actually said to me the other month "wipe your mouth it's dirty".  I laughed and said to him ... it isn't dirty ... I don't know what it is ... I then said .... it's just like the other brown patches on my face.

10.  My blood pressure is high on and off.  I have to take it at home and log it.  They wanted to put me on B.P. medicine last year ... but then didn't because ... my blood pressure is not always high.  It is like it's sporadic.

11.  I find I am starting to become allergic to things.  I have never been allergic to anything my whole life up until about the past year or so.  I was allergic to an antibiotic that was given to me last year for bronchitis.  It was an antibiotic I had never had before (Levaquin).  Well, I had an allergic reaction to it.  I am always becoming allergic to my pets.  If my pets (cats and dog), lick me or if their nose touch me anywhere, I will break out in hives.  Also, certain band-aids I am also now allergic to.  

12.  I find that I am bruising very easily now for some reason.  I always have a black and blue mark on me!  Most of the time I have no idea where they came from.  Sometimes ... I will just lightly bump into something ... something that should not leave a bruise ... and next day ... I will have a bruise there.

Those are most of my symptoms or things that have been going on with me.  I went to the doctors the other week ... she did a TSH Thyroid test on me ... she thought it was a Thyroid problem because my glands in my neck were swollen also.  She was pretty sure it was a Thyroid problem ... but my TSH test came back Normal she said.  Also ... my Anemia test came back normal.  She said all of my blood work was normal.

She did send me yesterday for what was called a "Random Cortisol" Test.  I just do not know the results of that test yet.  Does anyone here have any idea what else could be wrong with me if my Thyroid and Anemia Tests came back Normal??  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  I just wanna figure out what is wrong with me, so I can fix it and be back to my normal self!!

-3 Comments

I'm happy that your physician is ordering a cortisol level on you. I think she's doing the right thing.

Let me know what happens after your results are in --- if you can.

I got the results of my Random Blood Cortisol test today.  The doctor called me and told me that it was not low .... so I do not have Addison's Disease.  I then asked what my Cortisol Level was, and she told me it was 35.  Is 35 normal or high?  Does anyone know?  I had the blood drawn about 10:00 AM.

Different labs may use different methologies and may have various normal ranges. I would call your physician or the lab that performed the test and just ask them what their normal range is for that particular test.

I think your physician should now check your hormone levels (if she hasn't already) and liver enzymes.

Check out this site to and see if it gives u any ideas.

www.cushing's-help.com

let me know if this helped any!
I have been having the exact same problem wiht no answers. My calcium was high in January but went back to normal and then my parathyroid level went up but the doctor says she feels it's false positive result. Check out parathyroid.com. All of my test have been negative so far except those. The docs are at a loss. All of your symptoms line up with that.
I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA AND PERNICIOUS ANEMIA (B-12 DEFICIENCY) AND YOU HAVE SO MANY OF THE SAME SYMPTOMS I HAD IT IS LIKE READING MY OWN LIST OFF PROBLEMS.  I ALSO HAVE TROUBLE SLEEPING AT NIGHT.  I WILL BE EXTREMELY TIRED BUT WILL WAKE UP SEVERAL TIMES A NIGHT.  ACHE ALL OVER. HAVE THEY CHECKED YOUR B-12?  MY HAIR COMES OUT REALLY BAD WHEN I DON'T TAKE MY B-12 SHOT.  GOOD LUCK   REBA