Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What could be causing my dizziness and me being lightheaded

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

So, I have been dizzy and lightheaded for about 3 weeks now. I'm thinking it could be my eyes because I have bad eyes and haven't had them check in 2 years, but Im also being told it could be an off balance from my ears, cause sometimes my ears hurt too.
Dose anyone know why I'm dizzy? Could it just be my poor heath and my eyes?!?
It could be your eyes.

My husband had vertigo last year. It was terrible. He was very sick. He couldn't even move around.

Please let your doctor know what is happening, because it could be so many things.

Flower
Way too many things to guess at.  You really need to see your doctor.  Could be low blood pressure, blood sugar, vertigo, inner ear infection ... the list just goes on.  And it could possibly be your eyes.  Depending on where you are, could be the heat and you're dehydrated.  Start with your primary care doctor.  Chances are it's not serious and easily resolved.

Let us know.
I agree with Flower, it could be your eyes, or it also could have something to do with your ears.  Sometimes you can get an ear infection or get vertigo (which causes dizziness) but I would definitely get your eyes checked first since you've had an issue with them in the past.  Do you have any type of anxiety illness, I know sometimes when people feel very anxious they can start feeling different illnesses and feel dizzy and other things?  I think I saw that you have a new baby, congrats, so you probably are tired and doing a lot right now.  Please make sure you get yourself checked out and please let us know what the doctor says!  Please continue to post and let us know.

Karen
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
With lightheadedness you could be having either polycystic ovarian disease or GERD with or without H pylori infection. These are the two conditions to be ruled out first. Other conditions to be strongly ruled out in your case (since you have other symptoms such as ringing in the ear) could be cervical spinal nerve compression, Meniere’s disease of the ear, wax in the ear, infection of the middle or inner ear, and benign intracranial hypertension. Hence it is important to consult an ENT specialist and a neurologist too. At times back and neck problems may persist for years before they really start giving trouble. Chances of TMJ too should be looked into. Other causes are anemia, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems, such as an underactive thyroid (called hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (called hyperthyroidism), adrenal insufficiency (called Addison's disease), low blood sugar levels, and in some cases, diabetes, may lead to hypotension and hence lightheadedness and an off balance feeling. It is really difficult to comment on the net. I suggest you consult your PCP to run the basic investigations and get an insight into what could be the cause. Depending on clinical examination and tests, your PCP can refer you to the appropriate specialist. Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask anything else you may want to know. Take care!