What could this be? Help please!

I am a healthy 21 year old male who has been suffering with a irritating problem for many years. Every couple of months or so, I get a stinging sensation after I have finished urinating. I then feel the need to urniate some more but when I try to, nothing appears apart from the odd dribble. The pain goes away after a couple of hours, however I am worried that it could get worse if it's not treated. I remember watching a movie called The Green Mile where the actor Tom Hanks played a part of a man who couldn't urinate and was in a lot of pain trying too. Is this similar?

Any help on this subject I'd really apprectiate.

Thanks,

GK

Thanks for writing to the forum!

You could be suffering from UTI, prostatitis, or epidiymitis. You need to undergo a urine and a semen analysis to reach a diagnosis. It is possible that in between the symptoms abate and then come again. You should also look at STDs as an alternative diagnosis especially if you notice any discharge, sore or lymph node swelling.
I think you should discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined, preferably by an urologist. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do let me know if there is any thing else. Take care!