Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What else could this be? High WBC, leukocytes, neutrophils, low grade ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

What else could this be? High WBC, leukocytes, neutrophils, low grade fever, swollen glands

Since 09/06 my WBC, neutrophys & leukocytes are high with low fevers, my "normal" temp is 97.4, but it goes to 99.x to 100.x and can shoot to 101.x  I get flushed. sweat.  Lymph nodes swell become sore-painful in throat, neck, BACK of neck (which I didn't know THEY were lymph nodes) and back of my elbows (also according to doc, lymph nodes).  I'm exhausted, just flat out bone tired.  
Had a ton of blood tests have ruled out "mono", chest xrays rule out lung cancer & ruled out thyroid.  Not menstruating for close to a year was convinced ALL was menopause (am 47) but ob-gyn's testing over the last 4 months shows ovaries are viable, no evidence menopause.  Ob-gyn put me on progesterone for 10 dys a month to force a cycle to slough off the excess estrogen  which he says left as is, would be not optimum as it increases chances of uterine cancer.  Referral to internist on 3/2.  My latest CBC shows the same elevated counts I do not know the number of any but WBC, which is down to 14.1 What other things might be causing this, what weird bacterial or viral conditions?  

Thanks in advance,

Mary

Has your physician tested you for lyme disease ? Also, since it has been so long that you've felt this way, consider seeing a physician who is familiar with diagnosing and treating chronic fatigue syndrome. He/she will know which other conditions to rule out first.

Best of luck to you...

Have you been tested for Hep C? Have you had your liver checked out? Hep C is often missed, people are most likely to find out they have it by suprise. Millions of people have it and don't know it. I'd ask to be tested to make sure that isn't a virus you are dealing with.
Your description of feeling "flat out bone tired" makes me suggest the test and to have your liver thoroughly checked out. Liver problems can make you feel really tired. A million things can make you feel very tired I know, but rule Hep C out to be safe and have your liver checked.
I am a 50 year old female who has been suffering with a feeling of pressure in on both sides of my neck.
I have had some abnormal liver test for over five years.  I was told it was NASH, fatty liver.

Lately, I have been experiencing a feeling of pain and swelling in my neck and face.  My jaws feel tired. I have some lower back pain  with fatigue also.  I have attributed night sweats to hormone hot flashes, but now I am not so sure.
Today, I had an abdominal CT Scan, and an Ultra Sound of my Carotid arteries.  There are some swollen lymph glands in my neck just below my jaw line. It is almost like I have mumps again and again. The strangest symptom has been inability to eat meat lately.  I have never been a vegetarian, however, the thought of meat makes me ill.  I have also had moments that I felt like if I did not get a glass of water I was going to die.
Sounds strange I know, anyone else with these symptoms?

I'm glad you will discuss CFS with your physician. I can only tell you that I have had it for years and for most of those years, did not have a diagnosis. My Specialist has told me that he's had two other patients' with CFS who have had fevers for at least a year and swollen glands. A high white cell count can also be seen with CFS... I've had them before myself.

Keep searching and good luck !
I believe I have been tested for liver/hep issues.  No positives on that score.  I will ask bout the Lyme disease or cfs.  Yet I read a little bout the cfs and the lyme, and it doesn't SOUND like what is going on.  I don't suddenly get so tired I have to lay down...but I suppose it's worth asking about.
Just wanted to let you know that I have had an elevated wbc since 06/06. My problem is most likely inflammation. My TSH, T4 and T3 have been borderline for about 6 months as well, and I have been diagnosed hypo. I was put on meds and they have taken away a good part of my symptoms. My only advise to you is to keep an eye on all blood tests and follow up on the ones that are borderline.

My blood work showed that my wbc is low my Lymphs are high and my Neutrophils are low.  I am always tired.  I am on blood pressure medication and on thyroid meds as my thyroid was removed.  The T4 level is 12.0 and the T3 is 168.  What could be the problem?