Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What happened to me...

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

What happened to me...

I was sitting down for a long period of time, then when I stood up I got real light headed and the room began to spin (which is not unusual for me at all). Immediately I bent over to grab my water bottle, but before I could grab it my legs gave out, and I started shaking out of control on the floor for I want to say 30 - 40 seconds, but honestly I have no idea how long it really lasted. It felt I was being electrocuted during this "attack" and was conscious but couldn't control it. Every once in a while, I have a weird feeling when my heart beats; almost as though its a very slow heavy pump. Nothing seems to set this off in particular but it happens a few times daily.

I have been under a lot of stress as of late, and hadn't gotten more than 2 hours of sleep in 48 hours, which I know could have factored in. Was this "attack" a seizure or a heart attack?

I'd appreciate any help that I could get before I go to the doctor tomorrow
also, I didn't have food or water in my system for about 9 hours, so that might also have contributed...
Sounds like you had a seizure and I think you should call your nurse advice line to see if it is safe for you to wait for your doctor appointment tomorrow, given what happened and your weird feelings in your heart.  Why weren't you drinking anything?  You had your water bottle close at hand from what you say, since you bent over to grab it.  Are you wishing to do harm to yourself?  If you are, you need to get someone to stay with you right away and if you have no one, you should call 9-1-1.  I'm thankful you didn't swallow your tongue, as that can potentially happen during a seizure and then your airway would have been obstructed.    

The light headed feeling might be from an orthostatic drop in your blood pressure that can come from dehydration.  Spinning feeling you may know is called vertigo.  If you get this light headed feeling when you are drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day, you may want to take your orthostatic blood pressures and pulses (waiting two minutes at least after standing to take it again after laying for about 10 minutes) and see what happens- but not until you are more stable!!!
I wasn't drinking anything because I wasn't thirsty or hungry, I was pulling an all nighter so its not like I always eat when I do so. I wasn't meaning to do harm to myself...

Thanks for the advice and I greatly appreciate it! I'll let you know tomorrow when I get back from the dr what it was exactly that was wrong...
How about an update?  Are you alright now?