What is causeing rectal bleeding in a 10 year old
My son is ten years old and is healthy with no known medical problems other than having bright red rectal bleeding after each and every bowel movements lasting five months now. It only happens after bowel movements. The blood is on the poop and blood drips into the water and there is some other dense, pale, formed substance (mucus?) in the water and around the poop varying in size up to about 2 inches round. His poop seems to be narrow and small and he seems to be having alot of short bowel movements with alot of blood(constipation/blockage?). He has had no pain I am aware, no fevers, no diahrea, and no other symptoms. No polyps were found during colonoscopy (child version) and inflammation and irritation was noted.There were blood tests, fecal tests, and a biopsy to check for bacteria, abnormalties, infection and conditions. They have not been able to diagnosed him and have not prescribed anything in ordrer to treat him. What should I do now ?
Possibly hemmoroids (sp?)?
ia there any possibility he has been molested or is being molested?
My eight year old daughter has been bleeding rectally since 9/11/08.  She had charcot leyden crystals and blastocystis hominis in her stools.  She has no other symptoms.  The specialists are treating her for ulcerative colitis with anti-inflammatories.  I would love to speak with another mother going through this to see if there's some common denominator.  Personally, I think my daughter ingested contaminated food or water.  I have a theory of what she ate that got her sick but can't link it without other people coming forward that have eaten the same thing.  I'd like to share experiences with another mother, but am not sure how to safely do this.  Any suggestions?
I was reading your posting and it sounds alot like my 7 year old daughter, I am so scared to take her to the doctor for this because of the procedures they will do to her. What types of procedures did they do on your son and how did he handle them? Also did or does he ever have extremely large bowel movements that cause pain and more bleeding than he normally has?
Thank!!!
Bran78
My son does not and never had large bowl movements.  Instead he has small and narrow stools.  His stools used to be hard as a rock.  Since high fiber increases they have become softer but still narrow.
He has had many blood tests, stool tests, and  colonoscopies with biopsy.  He didn't mind the colonoscopy as they put him to sleep during the procedure.  He will be going for more diagnostic testing now that we can afford it with new health insurance and the next test should be a barium enema.  He most likely has Chron's, ulcerative colitis or some type of irritble bowl disease/disorder according to the doctors guesses.

If your daughter has pain with bleeding and very large stools then she may have had some constipation and impaction of stools resulting in a megacolon and injury.  Does she suffer chronic constipation?