Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What is wrong with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

What is wrong with me?

I am tired of feeling like I am always in pain.  It ranges with activity, diet, sleep, and weather changes(rain-moisture).  

I have been the pedestrian in two MVA, being hit with a moving vehicle.  This was 10 years ago now.

I have the feeling of whiplash in my neck and back today.  I am very achy in my hands, lower back and glands.  In my right foot, it is like every bone has been frozen previously and is unthawing.  

I have had X-rays on my hands for arthritis.

I am lethargic continually, and have a very poor memory.  I deal with depression, and am medicated for it.

I also have high blood pressure, and am medicated for it.

It is futility to go to my doctor, so I am desperate to have a life.  I am after all young (30's).  

Thank you for all suggestions in advance.
Do you have your thyroid checked? It could be a thyroid problem. I have hypothyroid and I seem to have all the symptoms that you are describing. Check out www.stopthyroidmadness.com or search for thyroid on www.about.com.
Thank you both for the suggestions.  There is hyperthyroid( I am not sure if hypo though) in my family.  I went to the medilab for lab work months back and the tech wouldn't check for hypothyroid because it is an expensive test, and if I wasn't sure of my family history, so she didn't do the test.

I have to agree with comets.  I am hypothyroid as well - and had some of those same symptoms - I thought I was dying before I found out my thyroid was EXTREMELY out of wack.  In fact, it took several doctors before someone finally decided to test it.  Depression is accompanied by low thyroid as well.  I don't think all your symptoms point to thyroid problems but it can't hurt to check it out - ya know, rule ONE MORE thing out.  Hope you find some relief soon - chronic pain is miserable - I have fibromyalgia - and I am 38 - and pain has taken alot of years away from me - but I am fighting back now more than ever!
Good Luck to you!
The lab tech probaly would not test the thyroid because you have to get blood orders from a doctor before any blood work can be done. Ask your doctor. The family history info seems wrong.
I don't understand why they wouldn't do that test without family history.  I do not have a family history of Hypothyroid or an thyroid disorders at all in my family...Hmmmmm..I think maybe I would suggest it anyway.  Your thyroid controls all of your body's systems - it can really throw your whole body out of wack - and if left untreated for a long period of time, can eventually cause heart problems and other more serious problems.  Good luck to you!
Gosh your symptoms sound just like fibromyalgia. Fatigue, brain fog, pain everywhere, memory problems, poor sleep...these are all symptoms of fibromyalgia.  What's more, fibromyalgia typically starts after some kind of stressful event...say the flu, an infection, a MVA...Fibro can mimic hypothyroidism, so it;s a good idea for that thyroid test. Consider seeing a rheumatologist, he/she can sort out the pain and other symptoms and give you the thyroid test.  They are the ones who normally treat fibromyalgia too.
Thank you again for your posted comments and concern.  I had a quick glance at some of the other undiagnosed issues and feel humbled.  Boo hoo for me no more, (for now at least), when some of these poor folks have life threatening illnesses!
I have a GP appointment next week.  Fibromyalgia-and hypothyroid blood test are going to be topics...
Painfilled,  there are two books that may or may not help you but if you live by a big library or can take the time to glance through them at a bookstore I suggest taking a look at them.  They are:

John Sarno's The Mindbody Prescription and Clair Davies' The Triggerpoint Therapy Workbook.  John Sarno's book did not help me personally, but apparently it has helped a lot of people who have chronic mysterious pain.   The Triggerpoint Therapy book has helped a lot of people too but I don't know if it pertains to your symptoms, but it helped me get rid of a repetitive strain injury.  

Both of these offer very radical approaches to dealing with pain and are worth looking into, or at least reading the Amazon reviews about them.  

I get nervous suggesting books on the internet because I don't want it to sound like I'm trying to sell something - so I hope it doesn't sound like that.