Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What s going on with my heart?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What s going on with my heart?

Does anyone have a answer???

I am a 37 year old male 6'2 230lbs. in pretty good shape. For the past 2 years I've been having these strange feelings with my heart. Every so often it feels like my heart skips a beat, flutters and takes my breath away.I get this light headed dizzy type of feeling. If I am lying down and get up quickly I can feel my heart pounding in chest and can also feel the heart beats on the sides of my head almost like a type of pressure or headache that matches my every heart beat, It last for a couple of seconds then goes away. I constantly feel like a shortness of breath but only on the upper right side of my chest. I have gone to many doctors ( primary care and cardiologist ) and they have all said that its not really normal but that what I was feeling was actually an extra heart beat and that it was common, and not to worry about it.( easy for them to say, there not going through this) Its driving me crazy!  It can come on when I am relaxing at home or when I am in the middle of a conversation. I go through the day wondering when is the next one coming. The fluttering last for a couple of seconds. It takes my breath away for just a second or two and then returns to normal. Sometimes when I make a sudden move it also happens. I used to smoke, but i quit a year ago. I stopped drinking anything that contains caffine. But nothing that I do seems to correct this extra beat problem. This past February I was admitted into the hospital with LONE AFIB. I had all types of test done ( EKG - X-RAYS -  ECHO CARDIOGRAM - BLOOD WORK - CT ANGIO - HEART MONITOR FOR TWO WEEKS ) after about 20 hours in the hospital my heart retuned to normal by itself and the doctors could not give me a reason why it happened. They told me that everthing was normal with my heart and that they didn't find any reasons for the AFIB. Since then I've been to all types of doctors with no resilts. I now have been diagnosed with asthma and all types of allergies. I was told to take an inhaler for the shortness of breath ( try it for about a month, but didn't help so I stopped ) .I also now take allergy shots every week. Its just all very fustrating because, I feel like this and no one has an answer. Can it be my allergies? Can it be stress? I do have a high stress job ( Bus driver in NYC ) Any answers, thoughts or comments? ANYONE....