Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What to do about ongoing high white blood cell count

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

My WBC count has been up and down for a year now-with blood tests after blood test. It's now 19.1 and I'm finally having a Bone Marrow test on the 22nd! This better give some real results!

You’re doing absolutely the right thing by getting the bone marrow test done as it is the only test which is able to actually pin down the cause of the changes in the blood cells. You see the bone marrow is the factory where all the blood cells are manufactured and you know that when the cells go up, probably they are getting over manufactured and if they are down, they being under manufactured and thus only an examination of the factory is able to give the true picture.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted.

Kind Regards.

Good luck with your bone marrow biopsy (I'm assuming that it will be a biopsy)

~PlateletGal