Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What's wrong with me?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What's wrong with me?

I've been sick for about 2 months now. It started out with constipation, lower left side abdominal pain & discomfort (slightly below my belly button, so maybe descending colon?), weakness/fatigue, irritability. I was not hungry & when I did eat I felt nauseated and the pain in my abdomen would get worse. After 2 weeks with no poo I went to a MD. He didn't know what was wrong, and gave me lactulose, did a TSH (thyriod stimulating  hormone) & pregnancy test. My TSH was normal & I'm not pregnant (Hooray!). The lactulose made my constipation go away, but that's about it. I could eat a bit more, but still didn't have much of an appetite & usually felt nauseous after eating.

I started going to a ND about a week ago. She is stumped as well. She gave me ginger, B vitamin, and gi-encap (combo of plantain, licorice, slippery elm & marshmallow). I got another pregnancy test and bladder infection test...both happily negative.

I sort of feel like I'm improving a bit. I have been feeling a bit better lately. I'm not as easily fatigued. I now have a small appetite. I'm only eating one or two small "meals" a day & still getting nauseous when I eat. I feel really bad if I eat a normal full meal. I haven't had any more problems with the constipation, but today I've had diarrhea...which hadn't come up at all, until today. The pain & discomfort in my lower left abdomen is still there, but hurts less often. However, I'm now having some mild kidney area pain & lower left back pain with my abdominal pain....so my whole left side there kinda joins together in a nausea/pain/discomfort fest. Which reminds me, my left hand/arm are weaker than usual, as well. I have had the kidney(?) pain with frequent, and sometimes quite urgent, urination for about a month now. Not discolored or painful. I usually drink lots of water, but lately I haven't been thirsty & have to constantly remind myself to drink water. Also, my submandibular lymph nodes (the ones right under the jaw bone) are swollen (more so on the left), and I have had a mild sore throat for weeks.

I hadn't had any problems with my period, vomiting, diarrhea (till today), rashes, or anything else I haven't mentioned.

I'm getting some more blood tests done this week, so maybe that will uncover something. In the mean time, any ideas?

Thanks!