Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
When to take the test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

When to take the test?

I had a tubal ligation back in 2004. So im over the 5yr period so im a little on edge. My cycle have been pretty normal 28-30 days....so now I'm going on 8-10days late. Not really wanting anymore children but if God wants it that way im cool with it. I know all pregnancies are different normale i wouldn't miss my cycle before i found out, i would wnd up having morning sickness first. How long should I wait to take a pregnancy test?
I thought it was pee on a stick test for more than 30 days late, or the live rabbit test for less than 30 days. Anyone know if that is right??? If you are pregnant it kills the rabbit. If that is true I think I would wait for 30 days.
They haven't done the rabbit test for years now... Most home pregnancy tests are designed to detect Hcg (the pregnancy hormone) as soon as 5 days before your missed period. At 8-10 days late you should be fine to test now. Use the first lee of the morning, as it is more concentrated & will contain more of the hormones if pregnant.
May I ask what is your age? A woman will enter peri-menopause about 10 years before the onset of menopause, causing fluctuations in hormones which will cause the menstrual cycle to become more irregular. This could start as early as the mid to late 30's. A simple blood test from your Dr could check hormones levels. Also, changes in the thyroid can cause fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. This can also be easily checked thru a blood test. My advice to you would be to go ahead & take the pregnancy test & if its negative, schedule an appointment with your Dr. Actually, if the test is positive you should see your Dr ASAP as if you ARE pregnant, it is most likely ectopic & should be attended to quickly.
Good luck!
Thanks....i did take the test that same day...I'm 29.... Turns out I was 6weeks pregnant and it was ectopic... Had surgery Thursday. Thanks for responding.