Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
White Patches & Red & White Bumps In Throat

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

So I'm completely lost as to what's going on. For about 3 weeks now I have had a sore throat (sometimes it's not as bad as other times) which in the past few days has been accompanied by migrane (migraine) headaches. I have developed white patches at the back sides of my mouth and also red bumps (in patches) and white bumps randomly. If I put much pressure on the white bumps they pretty much go away. Also, especially in the past few days I have been getting dizzy and light headed. I haven't been feeling like myself. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? Thanks in advance.
Hi! When you say that you have red bumps that you push on--where are they? In your mouth? The first thing I thought of was strep throat because of the white patches, but I am definitely not sure about the other bumps. Are they like cold sores? You should really go to a doctor. Even if it is something as little as strep throat, if you let it go on for too long, you may think it just goes away, but you can actually get extremely sick later on from it..
kbell18,
Hi hope you are feeling better. The question of the day is do you have a fever? It sounds like strep throat. The white patches are they like bumps or flat white areas? If you have no fever and the white patches are not pus or bumps I would say viral infection. Any swollen lymph nodes under the jaw? I would see your GP to check out why the headaches. Could potentially be an ear infection or allergy. It depends on the fever and is the throat sore?
mkh9
Hello ther kbell18,

From the symtoms (symptoms) your listing it sounds like you have tonsillitis. Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils most commonly caused by viral or bacterial infection. Symptoms of tonsillitis include sore throat and fever. While viral tonsillitis must resolve on its own, tonsillitis caused by bacteria is treatable with antibiotics, which usually resolves symptoms in two to three days.

It is also contagious so best thing is to see your doctor or at least the pharmacist.  
Thanks for the advice everyone. The white bumps are more like spots, they're flat but go away if I put enough pressure on them. Most of the red bumps are gone but a few have left a red spot. I have had a slight fever but it comes and goes and it's not very often. Headaches come randomly during the day and then later go away without having to take medication. I had my tonsils removed about 15 years ago. However, I went to the doctor a few years ago because I was feeling sick and found out that I had tonsilitis. I don't remember if I had all of this though.