Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
White blood cells in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

White blood cells in urine

I have had a kidney infection before and recently started to have pains in my back, when i say pains its more of a constant ache.  I was also going to the toilet a lot. I visited the doctor who asked me to do a urine sample,  did this and he dipped a dip stick into it and said i had blood in my urine but couldnt see an infection.  He prescribed me some anti biotics and sent me on my way.  I went back as it wasnt getting any better and got some different anti biotics, which still didnt work.  I then seen a different doctor who said i had blood and white blood cells in my urine.  He sent me for a blood test and i am wating to go for a scan.  I wondrered if anyone had this problem?  The pain isnt too bad, it makes me feel sick and i also have diarrhea.

Any advice would be appreciated
Hi there, Yes I get kidney infections and they do make u feel nauseas with a throbbing pain in the back. I too go on antibiotics which at the time have not worked so the doctor had to prescribe a broad spectrum antibiotic(one that treats many bacterial strains that cause the infection) whic eventually cleared the infection. The diarrhoea is probably a result of the strong antibiotics you are on! They affect the bowel terribly and flush away healthy bacteria that reside and can lead to thrush. For this reason, it is important to eat natural yoghurt or take Acidophilous tablets to replace these healthy bacteria! These could also contribute to the nausea! All the best.
Could be another infection and/or a narrowing in a kidney or bladde tube .which should be fixes under anesthesia . Infections of this kind coulb be difficult to clear with antibiotics
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
High WBC and blood means there s infection. It can also be due to stone. You must stop all antibiotics, wait for 72 hours and then give urine for culture sensitivity. This will tell which organism is causing the infection and which antibiotic will act against it. The scan you are having will detect stones. WBC can increase in STDs als. Hence get a STD panel done.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!