Why am I getting sick so much all of a sudden
Hi all,

I am a 36 year old male. I have always been healthy, no surgeries, hospital visits, broken bones and probably have gotten the common cold or flu 2 or 3 times in 10 years. However last 10 months, my immune system has been shot.

My symptoms are:  I have been getting sick many times with cold and flu, I have low energy and feel weak daily, I have a stuffy/runny nose daily and sore throat and coughing daily too and just overall not a 100%. I have seen many doctors and done many tests but nothing ... and here is what has changed in last 10 months:

I have lost 20 pounds although I was dieting and working out more. Doctors found out (after many blood tests) that I am very low in Vitamin D. I have never eaten vegetables in my life. I did food and non-food allergies and I am not allergic to anything. They did a sinus CT scan and put me on drugs like Afrin, Benedryl and other allergy drugs but nothing. They did ful lipid and blood test and fuond nothing.

So the doctors cannot eplain my two categories of symptoms: Stuffy/runny nose and coughing and sore throat ... AND ... low energy, weakness, and not 100% daily and getting cold/flu.

Anyone out there know what is going on with me? Is it because I lost some weight? or I am low in Vitamin D? Or am I just getting older?

Bob
I'm NOT trying to scare you or anything. Did they test you for any sexually transmitted dieses when they did the blood test? I THINK some of them can make you feel that way. NOT sure though.
Thanks for the response ...

Yes, they did a full STD and other diseases. That was negative too :-(
Have you been checked for autoimmune disorders/diseases?  Here is a link that may help, it is a checklist. There are many things caused by autoimmune diseases that are easily passed off as aging, ect. This list helps a lot. I was diagnosed in February and most of the problems I was having I thought were from other things. Hope this helps.  http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/autoimmune-checklist.htm

Sissie
Well I agree with bigsissie then. Ask your DR about that.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.