Why am I having consistant hip pain?
I have been having pain in my left hip for almost a month now. It first started one day after practice. I spoke to my mother and she said that it probably was nothing and that I was running too much and stressed it. So I didn’t think anything of it, until it started to progress and I couldn’t bare any weight. During this time period I continued to use ice and heat. However, nothing seemed to help. I have been to the emergancy room several times, only to take x-rays. I finally saw an orthopedic and she sent me for x-rays as well. However, a MRI is what I need being as though it is popping and getting gradually worse. A nurse at the hospital thinks it is cartilage; my orthopedic, as long as my trainer thinks it’s just a pulled muscle. It hurts to stand, and sit for a long period of time. I am not able to put any pressure on my hip as well. So although, I know the orthopedic and trainer know what they are doing, but, I feel a pulled muscle would have been healed by now if all I do is rest it day in and day out.

There are a few possibilities for your symptoms.It can be due to trochanteric bursitis(Inflammation of the sacs or space around the joint), tendinitis from repetitive or strenuous activity, strain or sprain of the muscles due to its overuse or infection of the hip joint leading to necrosis. Low-back pain such as sciatica or fractures can also cause such pain.What is your age?Arthritis of hip can also cause hip pain in elderly.

Without physical examination it is very difficult to make a diagnosis.
I feel that you should consult an orthopedician and get yourself thoroughly examined and investigated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

I would suggest you get the entire lower limb examined. Often hip pain is referred from lower down the leg, meaning you may have a biomechanical abnormality at the knee or ankle which is causing you to alter your 'normal' hip function. If possible seek guidence from a podiatrist for a lower limb assessment, the treatment often is as simple as a pair of orthosis.

Regards

Dr Foot
Thank you so much for the great advice!
I am scheduled for a MRI on Tuesday (finally). I am a young age so I am anxious to find out what has been bothering me. I have a follow up with my orthopedic a week after my MRI. My mother thinks I possibly have torn the cartilage as well. My hip has been progressively worse being as though I'm walking around campus on crutches, and I'm not supposed to have any pressure on my hip at all. My parents almost feel that I should take some time off of school until I get better, being as though I am already out for the fall season. What exactly does it mean when a ligament continues to pop? I hope it is nothing out of the normal. Thanks one again!