Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Why am I leaking what appears to be urine out of my anus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am a 27 year old male and I don't have any known health problems other than the one I'm about to list. For the last couple of months I have noticed that sometimes after sitting down I find a wet spot. The liquid has no color though it smells of urine and it seems to be coming out of the wrong place(my anus), not to mention it happens without warning(I don't feel anything happen). This does not seem to happen very often as I've only detected it about 6 times over the last 2 months, although it's been happening more often recently so I am becoming quite concerned. Any generally ideas about what could be happening and would be greatly appreciated.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The only way you can get urine from the anus is through a fistula between urethra and anus and this can be serious. The other possibility is that you have a urine leak that trickles down to the anus and you feel it is coming from there. The leaking could be due to urine getting trapped by a tumor, a hydrocele, a hernia, cancer of testicle, varicoceles or enlarged prostate. The leaking could also be due to weak bladder wall muscle---this gives a sensation of incomplete emptying of bladder. Inertstitial cystitis of bladder or narrowing of urethra could also cause leaking.  
You need a comprehensive investigation taking all these points in consideration. Please discuss this with your doctor and get yourself investigated accordingly. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

A related discussion, pee is leaking out of my anus was started.