Why are my cholinesterase levels low?
I have had the hardest time finding out why my cholinesterase levels are low in my blood plasma. Actually I can't even find anyone in the medical feild that knows anything about cholinesterase. My levels are only low only in my plasma,not in rbc. I only found this out after applying for another job in the pest control industry. Yes pesticides do affect cholinesterase but I haven't come in contact with any chemicals for 8 mo. I'm really looking for anything else that I could be coming in contact with that could be inhibiting my cholinesterase levels. I'm not talking about altzheimers drugs because thats all I can find on the internet. Does anyone know what may be contributing to my low levels? Infection/disease, Drugs/alcohol, allergies, anything at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this thing is driving me crazy.
are you in pain?  Is there a reason to be concerned about the low levels?  Do you smoke? Sorry i wish that i could help, i tried looking but i guess you  have done your research too.  Looks like the chemicals in cigarettes can cause it, maybe if you dont smoke, second hand smoke?  

Angela
I have started smoking tobacco from all this stress. If it weren't for this job I wouldn't even be pursuing this. no pain pe-say but I'm trying to get a job w/ this premiere company in the bay area and this is the only thing keeping me out. I actually just read something about nicotine exciting cholinesterase but I don't understand what that means. Actually i'm shocked anyone responded, I thought I was the only one who knew what cholinesterase was. Is there a possibility nicotine is causing a negative affect? AAAGGGHHH!! sorry, I'm too excitable right now. Any help would be awesome. thanx
P.S. I've been smoking roll your own tobacco, Bali shag. Not like thats any better but its not camels or marlboros or any garbage like that. again, thank you for your reply
no problem i wish that i could be of more help :)
A related discussion, low cholinestrase was started.