Why are my muscles twitching?
This has been going on quite frequently. The muscles in my arms, thighs, cheeks, and even my eyelids start twitching rapidly. Not all at the same time but some days it'll be my arms, other days my face, legs, etc. Happens everyday and I also get severe pains in some parts of my head. Like a migraine, it's sharp and kind of feels like my hair is getting pulled a little. What are the causes of this and as for the muscle twitching: is this a bad sign?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Hence if you take alcohol or coffee then cut this down. Sleep at regular hours and see if it helps. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes or hypothyroidism can also be the cause.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Thanks (: I cut down on those caffiene beverages. Also slept a good 8 hours. Haven't felt a twitch! Thank you very much.
This may be due to stress of any type which has been there for long. To know more, I wd need ot have more info,,do u also have pinning & pain that vanishes & reappears at other locations?
***@****