Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Why do i feel ants crawling on my face,pricking in the head n dizziness...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Why do i feel ants crawling on my face,pricking in the head n dizziness?

Hi. firstly, since about a year, i have been feeling ants crawling on my face, arms and legs...in the beginning i had ths sensation during my sleep but now i have it anytime n now sometimes i feel prickling in my head. secondly, since a week, i am suffering from daily headaches n dizziness...i am being unable to work n do my normal activities. please help me because i really don't know what's happening to me. thanks
Tags: urgent
The crawling sensation you are describing is called Formication. It can be caused by different things: menopause, diabetes, certain medications, viruses, etc.  

For starts, have you seen a physician about this?  You have had this for a year.  
Well i'm not a doctor or anything so I don't know what all three of the symptoms combined mean. I heard something once though that your skin is always going through those types of sensations. A lot of people just learn to ignore it. when they pay attention to it it seems to get stronger like it just popped up. Like I said i'm not a doctor or anything but the skin issues could be that, and the dizziness and headaches could have to do with your diet or blood pressure. I know I get those same symptoms when my blood pressure is acting up. Still go to a doctor and get a check up all the same just to give yourself some peace of mind.
i have herd people say this after they had a siver fiiling in there teeth.even if its been in there for awhile. the toxsins build up. you might want to check that out,
I am 27 and i have been taking anti-depressants since the age of 14...sometimes i used to take overdose, esp. when i was really fed up with my personal problems...
i have been to the doctor for the sensations n he told been me that it is due to severe anxiety...whenever i have problems and i go to him, he says that the causes of everything i am getting; aches and pains, stomach pain, lack of appetite, dizziness, feeling of something stuck in my throat, etc; are all due to anxiety...but is this true? and what will i have to live like that throughout my life???
Given you have an anxiety problem, which you can have all that you have mentioned above with severe anxiety, has your PCP/Family Physician ruled out any underlying physical cause?  Labs?  

If I may ask, what anti-depressants are you taking?  "Sometimes I used to take overdose........"   Are you seeing a Psychologist for your mental health issues?    

You can also post in the Anxiety Forum as well.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you are a lady and if in the menopausal age, then this is a common symptom. Hormone replacement therapy often helps. It is also seen in people who are very anxious and stressed out. Take up yoga, deep breathing exercise, walking and remain strong and determined in your effort to do away with this habit. Music and aerobics are also good stress busters. Drink plenty of fluids and water (not caffeine), eat fresh fruits and vegetables and keep yourself busy throughout the day.
Very dry skin and disorders of thyroid gland all can precipitate a crawling sensation. The other possibility is Morgellons disease often mimics scabies. The disease is  believed to be caused by weak immune systems in people that have contracted the tick-borne Lyme Disease at some point in their life. It can also be a fungal infection like Tinea corporis.
It can also be nerve irritation due to some cause affecting the trigeminal nerve. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
they always say that everything lies in my head. i have to reframe my mind, think positive etc etc. I have been taking tranxene and zanax