Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Why does my left lung hurt?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Why does my left lung hurt?

I have had pain in my lungs for 8 months.  I have just completed 7 months of doctors and tests for Acid Reflux to see if that was causing the pain since xrays showed scarring from asperating acid.  The last test showed the medicine is controlling the acid and it isn't going into my esophagus.  My pulmonary doctor did an EKG in August to see if my heart was okay since I suffered a blood clot 9 years ago.  It was a medium clot that is still in my right lung.  The test showed my valves were okay but the right side of my heart is enlarged due to the embolism.  Could this be the reason the top region of my chest on the left side, hurts constantly?  I am so frustrated and just want to stop the pain.  It is bearable,but it really begins to effect your mental state after a while.
Thanks for writing to the forum!

Since you have right heart enlargement and pulmonary clot, you could be having pulmonary artery hypertension. This will be confirmed only by measuring pulmonary artery and right ventricle pressure. This can explain the pain in your chest.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please consult your specialist regarding this. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for the information.  I will ask my pulmonary doctor when I go for my appt.  Jan.27th. That does make sense.  I do give out of breath when I do anything strenuous like carrying the water hose from the back to the front of my house or carry anything heavy.  My blood pressure is usually 100/75,though, and I exercise w/wts. at a gym 3-4 times a week to stay in shape.  It is just very frustrating to deal with.  My husband is disabled so I have to do everything and just don't have time to have health problems!  T
Thanks again!!!!