Why feet turn purple
My 10 month old grandson's feet turn purple when they shower him why would this be?

Blueness around the hands and feet is a very common finding in babies and is completely normal. The medical term used to describe this blueness is acrocyanosis. This is an effect of the immature vascular tone of the infant, which improves or resolves with age. The blood vessels in the hands and feet are constricting. As a result, the blood flow to these areas slows, allowing more oxygen to be removed from the hemoglobin (the oxygen-carrying protein in the blood) by the surrounding tissues. It is a harmless condition seen in newborns or infants when they are crying or even holding their breath. It is normal for a baby's hands and feet to be cool, especially when he is undressed, such as while bathing.
http://www.yourheartmadesimple.com/chapters/ch12/page2.cfm

If the child appears blue throughout the day and limited in his ability to feed,then pls consult a pediatrician as it may be due to peripheral or central cyanosis caused by heart diseases.

Hope I have provided you with sufficient information.In case you have additional doubts,then pls post us.

Take care and regards.