Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Why is there white puss coming out of my eye?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I got a cough and then I got the flu...Ive beeen sick for a couple of days and just recently my right eye started to produce a whiteish mucus and became very irratated. yesterday the irritation spread to my left eye and has done the same thing as the right. What and should I take antibiautics?
I'm not a doc...just a mom!  However, to me it sounds like you may have "pinkeye" otherwise known as conjunctivitis.  There is some debate as to whether or not to treat with drops.  If you have a doctor, you may just be able to call in and speak with them, and they will decide if you need to be seen.  Do your eyes feel grainy??(Like there are little tiny bits of sand in them??)  Good luck...MH
May I add..be cautious to wash your hands and try not to touch your eyes.  If, indeed, you do have conjuntivitis, it is contagious to yourself (the other eye, which it sounds like you have) or to others.
Sounds like pink eye or a very bad sinus infection.  Keep your hands away from your face, wash them after every blow, and go see your doc.
i have that now too! thank GOODNESS I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE!! hey did u ever find out if it WAS pinkeye?
i got it to... on my way to the doc now..
Did you ever go to the doc's?  I just woke up with a swollen eye.  I was sick all week.  It just got worse into my lungs, and I'm so worn out.  I can't afford to go to the doctor, but I can't go to work tonight if it is pink eye.  What did you do?  Thanks!
omg! that is exactly whats happening to me right now! i just woke up at 2am.. white stuff in the corner of my left eye. super bad cold.. i wake up every other hour.. and every time i wake up theres more of that stuff there. and my eye is sensitive and red. =[
The condition of a white puss being excreted by the eye and drying up inside the eye whilst it is closed causing the eye to 'dry shut', is actually as the result of a blocked tear duct. There a several causes for blocked tear ducts including severe sinus and also conjunctivitis. Further details in relation to this condition are available at the following URL: http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Eyes_blocked_tear_duct?OpenDocument   A lot of people confuse this condition with conjunctivitis when  in actual fact conjunctivitis is just a reddening of the conjunctivi (outer most area of eye due to a viral infection). Hope this response helps. Cheers.