Why is this twitching going on?
Why do i twitch? You know how your eye might twicth here and there? well that is what happens to all over my body, my legs, my arms, my back, even my butt!!!! I am tired of this happening and I am only 15 years old. Why is it happening and how can I make it stop?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Hence if you take alcohol or coffee then cut this down. Sleep at regular hours and see if it helps. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes or hypothyroidism can also be the cause.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Thank you so much for the information. I do not have insurance as of the moment so my mom is going to buy me a multivitamin. Do you recommend any?
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.