Worried about problems with shaking/tremors in chest and headaches
Hello - I am wondering if ANYONE can help me, so far doctors can't! The symptoms below have been occuring over a year and are getting proressivly worse:
At night or anytime that I sleep, I have a shaking/tremor sensation that is mostly in my chest it also radiates up my neck and into my jaw and tounge. This has only occured when I am sleeping. I also have been diagnosed with migraines. I take amitriptyline for these. The medication masks/hides the shaking most of the time, but I know I am still shaking all night because it is occuring when I wake up and anytime I nap. Also when the shaking is occuring my arms and shoulders fall asleep and tingle. I have a headaches always, location and intensity vary, but I do get lightheaded often. Everytime I stand up from any level, or bend over, even getting out of bed in the morning makes me feel lightheaded that lasts about 30 seconds. Every morning when I wake up I get visual disturbances the can last up to 5 minutes (they are like flashing dots and lines, these also oftern occur during the lightheadness) these are not followed by a migraine. By the end of everday a have pressure headaches that throb and ache all over the head. I know this is really involved. I have been told I have anxiety, taken Xanex - no help - also thyroid normal, CT normal, Diabetic normal, EKG normal, and holtermonitor normal. Can anyone relate or give advice to what I should do. I have considered MRI's chest and brain or sleep studies. Please anyone that can help, I would really aariciate it! Renee Alt
You need a brain MR, EEG sleep & awake, and a sleep study.
You could also have a partially blocked artery.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.