Wounds that won't heal
I have two large wounds from a scar revision surgery that keep getting bigger and bigger, weve been going to wound care and their only getting worse. All my blood work came back good, and their not infected. Does anyone know why im not healing, and Is there anything i can do to get them to heal?
Hi..do u have a history of slow healing , easy bruising?...if so, it is possible that u may have a condition called Ehlers-Danlos....the only other issue I am aware of is diabetes, but since u had bloodwork I am sure they looked at this, but u really should have a fasting glucose test.

U may want to try a topical antibiotic ointment to help aid healing...and high doses of vitamin C help with healing...do ask ur dr first.

Good luck and please post an update

"selma"
I would advise to find a "wound care center" that specializes in wounds that don't seem to heal.
My surgeon and the wound care center have decided that the best thing to do now is to have a med vac inserted, im not really sure what this is, but I guess i will find out on friday.lol Thanks for the comments and suggestions i appreciate it :)
Oh and Selma I looked up Ehlers-Danlos and Im definitely going to talk to my docter about it thank you so much!!
HHi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If your blood work included test for diabetes, then this is ruled out, else, you will need to test for diabetes. If this was borderline in tests then follow this up with a glucose tolerance test.
Discuss with your surgeon, the possibility of development of a fistula that could be hampering closure due to continuous passage of fluids and secretions.
Possibility of poor blood supply to area by duplex ultrasound should be tested.
Swabs from the wound should be sent for culture and sensitivity. Maybe the treatment is not effective.
If there is underlying dermatitis, then this needs to be taken care of. Wound debridement would be required along with plastic repair. If there is severe atherosclerosis preventing blood supply to wound, then this needs to be diagnosed by angiograms. Also too tight skin being stitched up can break open the wound when there is pressure on the wound.
It would be a good idea to consult the surgeon regarding plastic repair by skin graft, after taking care of underlying cause.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!