Wrist pain for months
I have been having wrist pain for a few months. It all started when one day I played the piano and guitar for several hours. The following morning my wrist hurt and were going numb. I had no swelling. I waited  a couple days, then when I thought I was ok I lifted some weights. I realized it wasn't better. School made it impossible for my wrists to recover. I tried playing the piano a week later, but they still hurt. For months I've been trying to let them recover, but they won't. I've gone through a whole week without using my wrists, but they don't get any better. Any time I try to play either guitar or piano my wrist start hurting almost instantly. My chiropractor did some stuff he thought would help, but it didn't. I don't know what's wrong with my wrist. Such there is no swelling I doubt its carpel tunnel, I really think its tendinitis.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Your symptoms could be due to carpel tunnel syndrome. This condition is common in those who use the key board, mouse etc a lot—like in computers or in typing jobs or like the piano you played. In this the median nerve is compressed at the wrist in a place called the carpel tunnel. Symptoms begin with either numbness and tingling of the first three or two fingers from the thumb side or by just pain. Usually there is no swelling. Treatment is usually by splints and steroid injections. Surgery may be required in some cases.
It could also be rheumatoid arthritis, gout or tendonitis. However all these would also cause some inflammation and swelling. Please consult an orthopedic specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Repetitive strain injury could be cause. Can be operated on if thats the case. Go to doctor giving as much detail as possible. If left untreated it may never get better. If you love your music it will be worth it in the long run. 6 to 8 week recovery
Reading a book on nutrition wrist pain and numbness can be sometimes corrected with vitamin b6 supplements