Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Yellow liquid with bowel movements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Yellow liquid with bowel movements

I have been on before. My 82 year ols mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and given 2 months. They drained 3.4 litres of ascites fluid from her abdomen. It is now 3 months and she only has 50 mililitres of fluid build up. Her stomach is distended but the ultrasound put this down to gas. She also asked about yellow liquid in the bowel.Bowel movements are loose. Any idea why the yellow liquid?

She only had the one dose of chemo which was a disaster but has been well since.
Bile, which is made in the liver and stored in the gallbladder, is "released" into the small intestines when a fatty meal is eaten.  Along with dyes in foods, bile gives stool it's color.  Yellow coloring of stool, whether it is solid or watery is from bile.  It is not a "dangerous" sign and is common in people who have either had the gallbladder removed, or in people who have eaten alot of fatty foods recently.  Sometimes if the person has been constipated, the harder part will pass and be followed by a watery stool.  It is considered to be a normal occurance and nothing to worry about.  If this is still a concern, take it up with the doctor on her next visit.
Do you mind telling us why the one chemo treatment was a disaster?
I get pain around my abdominal. When i press below on the right side of my belly i hear a liquid noise. The pain goes away when i press on it and the pain is a sore feeling. I also occasionly get rectal pains, sharp stab- like pain. I think i may have liquid in my intestines, but i can not say for sure. can somebody help.
Actually the squishy knows is in my cologne.
A related discussion, diarrhea was started.