Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Young Women with lymph node pain and tongue lesions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Okay I barely know where to start. I have gotten tried of be going to the doctors and getting no answers, so here it goes.

In late October 2009, I felt like I was getting a cold since my lymph nodes started hurting. The cold never came and the lymph node pain would come and go. I also had occasional dry eyes. I didn't think much of it since I am 25 and thought nothing could be seriously wrong. Then the day before Thanksgiving I noticed a spot on my tongue that looked like my taste buds were falling of and there was a white ring around it. It hurt and felt like I had burned my tongue on a hot drink. The next day I started having diarrhea. My lymph nodes were still hurting. I went to the doctors and she told me it was geographic tongue and that my diarrhea was due to a virus. Things weren't getting better. I started having joint pain in mid-late December. The main joints affected were my shoulder and neck. I also had joint pain in the fingers. I had pain in my upper arms and the backs of my knees. I still had the tongue lesions and the diarrhea. In early January was worst. I had awful headaches that just wouldn't go away. I felt like I had a brain fog. I went back to the doctors and she ran a bunch of tests. I came back normal for most things. I was positive in band of lymph disease. I came back with a positive RNP and Positive ANA direct. To clear the any bacteria in my system my doctor put on a round of antibiotics. I went to a general surgeon to feel my lymph nodes and he did not feel anything swollen enough to biopsy. I also went to a rheumatologist. Between going to the general surgeon and the rheumatologist I had awful stomach pain in my mid left size that went into my back. I started have tightness of the chest as well. By the time I went the rheumatologist, my diarrhea had cleared up and so had my pain in my lower left size.  He examined me and said I did not exhibit traditional signs of an autoimmune disease. He ran more blood tests to test. I decided to go off birth control in mid-Feb. to see if that would help. (It didn't). The tests for all the same things again and more this time I came back negative for all the tests of an autoimmune diseases and crohn's disease. When the rheumatologist looked at my tongue he said that it was not geographic tongue but tongue lesions. He had them swapped for virus, bacteria, and fungus. I came back positive with two bacterial infections which I went on antibiotics for it. The tongue up for a week which it had done before and then came back after I was done with the antibiotics. I am currently back on another round of antibiotics and my tongue spots are showing up. I currently have tongue lesions, joint pain, fatigue, lymph node pain in my neck and armpits, and few days ago I noticed a hard lump in my neck behind my left ear/ jaw bone. I talked to my doctor she had put me on more antibiotics and told me to get a CT scan of my neck if the lump doesn't go away with antibiotics. I have noticed that my tongue clears when I am on my period. I am not contagious since my boyfriend hasn't gotten it.