Young with Chest Pains
I'm 20 (turning 21 in a month) male and somewhat active.  I was a smoker for 2 years but recently stoped  for 3 months and recently picked the habit back up.  No more than a smoke 6 times a week.  I've had a solid headache for 3 weeks and sometimes it gets real heavy and others it's very light but never goes away.  I normally get migraines around this time of year so I've been taking my medicine and havn't worried too much about it.  But last night I was laying across my bed and my chest was hurting, again I didn't freak out at all, just passed it off as growing pains.  But today while driving my chest started hurting again and was short of breath and my arm felt like was weak and dead.  Sorta felt like I was punched in the arm and my muscle was hurting.  Now I'm at a friends house watching their kids and my chest  is starting to hurting again, my arm went weak, and hurt between my shoulder blades.  I'm also a bit dizzy.  Nothing else but what feels like my heart hurts.  It gets tight and difficult to catch my breath but the pain is bare able.  Could I be having a heart attack? I'm not overweight by any means but I enjoy fatty foods and smoker.  Sorta worried at the moment.  What could be going on?
some migraine meds cause a heart problem. I would go to the ER you have classic symptom of a heart problem. Even though your 20 I would it checked out because you could have a structural problem.  If it isn't then at least you will be safe. Please go Now and have someone drive you.
mkh9
You have alot of symptoms of a heart attack.I though i had one the other day but it was most likely a anxiety attack which i have had in the past.

I did some research and found an anxiety attack, can mimick a heart attack,is the intense pain in the chest that lends itself to a heart attack.it is as if a vise is closing around the chest. The other symptoms are  pain in the left arm and pain even in the neck area to raised pulse, sweating and dizziness these all  can be an anxiety attack as well. But the pain in the chest like a steel band is being tightened seems to be the deciding factor that speaks of a heart attack.Im not sure of the intensity of your pain.

Have you been under alot of pressure and do you exercise alot the combination could create the pain and situation that you have experienced.
The exercise could create a muscle pull or strain and the other from stress.

But get yourself checked out and have a stress test to make sure your heart is ok. it is possible that you may have a situation that can be easily corrected or as i had an anxiety attack. But it is best to know as it can build up in your mind until you know.

i did not have the intense pain in the chest.It seems that this is the deciding factor.A anxiety attack can have simular symptoms ex arm pain dizziness upset stomach elevated pulse. I have been into weight lifting for a long time and i realize that my pain came from the intercostal muscles between the ribs.Also my pectoral,chest, gives me pain but this is muscular.

Difficulty breathing and pain but intense pain is something that seems to differentiate a heart attack from an anxiety attack.

But some advice for the future. My father said we have to be our own doctors.The bible says our bodies are wonderfully and curiously crafted.If we take care of them they will take care of us.

Throw out the cigarettes get rid of the booze look into vitamins and cut out the red meat and drink alot of water.Oh and pray this will pull it all together.

May God richly bless you with health and long life