Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
abdominal pain,chronic constipation,severe abdominal discomfort, and ...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

abdominal pain,chronic constipation,severe abdominal discomfort, and more.

i dont know my cause. Even though i take these laxatives, nothing seems to work, i will pass stool but not AS much as id want. I have severe abdominal comfort and its been here for 5 months now. I dont know what the cause of this is. I pretty sure its not all chronic constipation, because the use of the laxatives for the past 3 months have actually kept my stomach looking the same, if not that, then worse. Its been getting worse even though i am passing stool. Ive been to sick kids hosspital, and the diagnosis was constipation. But Why? I'm going to sick kids hostipal on wedneday morning with a letter from my doctor that shoiuld be given to the g.i regarding the g.i app. im schedueled for in june saying i need the app. SOONER because its getting worse. Its not getting any better , its making me think theres an underlying illness towards this situation. Help please.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hello,
There are many possibilities for your symptoms but the most important one that needs evaluation is constipation.It can be due to diet low in fiber, over-use of stimulant laxatives (e.g., senna, castor oil, and certain herbs), hypothyroidism and hyperparathyroidism(by raising the calcium levels in the blood), intestinal pseudo-obstruction, colon inertia(nerves and/or muscles of the colon do not work normally) and pelvic floor dysfunction(the muscles of the lower pelvis that surround the rectum (the pelvic floor muscles) do not work normally).
Increase the fiber amount in your diet. The best natural sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.If still the symptoms persist then pls consult a gastroenterologist and discuss the possibility ir irritable bowel syndrome with him
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank